Should I put a Williams Wgrs peep sight on my muzzleloader

RogueRiver

Handloader
Mar 13, 2005
Just want to hear what you guys think- I was thinking of putting a Williams WGRS peep sight on my traditions evolution muzzleloader.

I've thought for years that I ought to put a Williams peep sight on my traditional Thompson-Center .50 cal muzzle loader.

Peep sights help me shoot a LOT better than I do with the standard open sights...

Can't use scopes on muzzle loaders here in Washington, not for deer or elk anyway. Peep would likely be the best choice for me, and Williams makes a good sight. But... I hesitate... Not sure why. Looks perhaps?

Guy

I put one on my Accura v2 last year to hunt Colorado. Huge improvement over regular open sights for me.

RogueRiver- I should mention that for my ML I had to put a different front sight on it because I could not get enough elevation with the factory height. It may or may not be an issue with your gun though. Good luck and I hope it works out for you.

I was wondering about that. I figure I would mount it and see how it is? What front sight did you go with- just in case?

Back