signs of spring

jimbires

Handloader
Aug 16, 2011
I walk just about everyday . the last few days I've noticed a few things , so today I took my camera .

the tadpoles are out .
P4240273.JPG

P4240274.JPG

Sally found a turkey egg shell , this seems a little early . I'm not sure if it hatched , or something got into the nest . the shell is clean ,and there was nothing else by the egg to make me think it was destroyed .
P4240263.JPG

P4240264.JPG

Sally just loves the one water hole we walk by . when we get home she gets a bath , after we walk this area .

P4240265.JPG

P4240266.JPG

Good to see such signs of spring. It is fifteen today (sixty for those living in the States). This after -8 on Monday and Tuesday (17 for those living in the USA). The eight inches of heavy snow we received on Sunday and Monday is almost all gone. I've heard reports of the first bruins moving around. About time to go see if I can tag one.

The only sign of spring I see is the snow is finally gone. Last week of April we’re usually turn the ground over for planting season.

she found another egg today . this one was right beside a dirt road we were walking . this egg did not hatch , there was yolk with the egg . something raided the nest . I didn't have my camera , so I brought it home . I thought some of you guys that don't have many turkey might be interested .

P5040280.JPG

P5040281.JPG

P5040282.JPG

Back