simmons aetec 2.5-10x44

I had a few when I started out. They are decent scopes. Never had a problem.

i have one on my 270wsm ,, it seems to be ok for my needs ( general hunting and range work ) ,, i would love to have something better but i just cant afford the high dollar stuff at the moment,, ive got some pricey Leoups. on some of my other long guns and to tell you the truth the simmons seems to work just as well :roll:

I have 2 aetec scopes. A silver 2.5-10x44 a black 4.5-14x44 they are clear and hold zero. I did have one warrantee claim on the silver. The ocular lens fell out due to a soft plastic retainer button. This button rides in a groove that allow ajustment for focus. I now lock this adjustment in with a few wraps of black tape. I do not know if the new scopes have a better button material. Another thing i have an issue with is the scope should be supplied with a thread protector ring, for use when the objective shade is not used. As a range scope i would give it a b+ as a heavy use field scope it gets a C+ About what you can expect for a scope at this price point.

I know of one that was on a 7mm RUM. It did not hold up to the recoil. The Reticle was wavey at the outer ends and would not hold a zero.
That rifle now wears a Leupold VX III 4.5-14x30mm. :wink:

JD338

i have gone full circle here. Nothing but nikon monarch 2.5-10 on any of my rifles. bought one last year and love it. I also own a 1.5-6 monarch gold but six bills is hard to swallow. That one sits on my TC Omega as all shots are inside 100.

Back