Snuck out for a couple hours

Thanks Guy! I agree, they're good rifles.

Good job Dewey with the .45-70, though I'd like to see a Savage .280 in the picture.
Yessir. Would have been cool but the DNR might not have been proud of me. :grin:
Thanks!

Dwh7271":3ra6n7zx said:
Thanks Guy! I agree, they're good rifles.

Good job Dewey with the .45-70, though I'd like to see a Savage .280 in the picture.
Yessir. Would have been cool but the DNR might not have been proud of me. :grin:
Thanks!

I forget ya'll have those wonky laws in Ohio!

Yessir.
Shotguns w slugs (no buckshot), muzzleloaders and very specific straight walled cartridges. Forgot, certain very specific revolvers, no Contenders and such. No "bottleneck" cartridges at all.
All in all, I'm ok with the direction we're going. Our governor won in a landslide and is a 2nd amendment advocate and our legislature loosened up our laws lately.
In that environment, this years addition of straight walled stuff is good with me. I'll just play w the rifles on coyotes and take a trip or three.

Dwh7271":z15ewume said:
Yessir.
Shotguns w slugs (no buckshot), muzzleloaders and very specific straight walled cartridges. Forgot, certain very specific revolvers, no Contenders and such. No "bottleneck" cartridges at all.
All in all, I'm ok with the direction we're going. Our governor won in a landslide and is a 2nd amendment advocate and our legislature loosened up our laws lately.
In that environment, this years addition of straight walled stuff is good with me. I'll just play w the rifles on coyotes and take a trip or three.

I'd be A okay only being able to use straight walled cartridges.. I'd do a cartwheel or three matter of fact!

Scotty,
You bet.
I have zero complaints on the 45-70. Nothing wrong with sabots and slugs or Lightfields but the Marlin added a new dimension for me.

Dang nice buck and darn nice shooting too!

I've always meant to get one of those Marlin 45-70s; that things is a KILLIN mo fo!!!

Back