So sad

CatskillCrawler

Handloader
Jul 30, 2011
A hunter in this area shot his best friend in the shoulder and killed him last week. He thought he was a deer. :? Neither hunter was wearing blaze orange as they were on posted land. I would doubt that anyone reading this here would make the same mistake but please reinforce the basics to family, friends and hunting partners. If someone snickers or pew-pews your comments, maybe you need to re-think your selection of hunting companions.

Be certain of your target and know what's behind your target.

Wear some hunter orange. It will not affect your hunting success but will demonstrably increase your visibility to two legged predators.

Remember to be good ambassadors for our sport and ask for permission to hunt.

I am aware of two who have been shot and killed in Canada so far this year (one in Ontario and one in Alberta). Gun safety is the responsibility of each of us. Thanks for reminding us, CC.

When we were up north for early Moose this year a Dad shot his 37 year old son.
He advised the police he thought it was a bear in the bush. It was only 10 to 15 miles from our hunting area:(. So sad please remember guys we have to be careful. Heard last week that Stan Johnathon who used to play for the Boston Bruins accidently shot a fellow hunter but not from their party. Such a waste as it effects so many lives:(.

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":24c4c2z0 said:
When we were up north for early Moose this year a Dad shot his 37 year old son.
He advised the police he thought it was a bear in the bush. It was only 10 to 15 miles from our hunting area:(. So sad please remember guys we have to be careful. Heard last week that Stan Johnathon who used to play for the Boston Bruins accidently shot a fellow hunter but not from their party. Such a waste as it effects so many lives:(.

Blessings,
Dan

What's worse about the Stan Jonathan case was that he didn't have permission to even hunt on the property where the other man who did have permission was hunting. That's possibly why charges have been laid against him.

This truly is a sad unfortunate event. The basics are the basics for that reason.

I hunt public land here in Missouri and I went so far this year to hang an all orange jacket 3 feet above my head in the tree I was in just for precautions.. And I still had two men walk within 20 yards of my before One of them saw me.

Back