Solid hunting boots

ajvigs":1redgxjv said:
So many options, and unfortunately my Bass Pro doesnt carry any of these boots everyone is recommending! I really need to find some shop here in Florida that carries the Asolo's to give them a try...

As noted, Cabelas lets you try and return. Otherwise I have found a reasonable selection at Gander Mountain, and I see 4 in Florida.

I bought a pair of asolo boots this spring to go to Alaska, really like them had a pair maybe 10 years ago that I also liked a lot and wore the soles out.

Light weight, good price, sturdy, gore-tex

Between the first pair and the current pair I bought 2 pairs of danners that I really liked, full leather bought with the intention of "wear out the sole and get them resoled" also goretex & sturdy. First pair I wore a hole in the top where my foot bends but had them patched for a couple bucks and wore them a while longer

went the asolo route because I needed boots sooner rather than later to get me around alaska and the cost to have Danner resole their boots is about the cost of a pair of new asolo boots off of sierra trading post. That being said I plan on having an amish guy put new soles on the boots, won't be goretex anymore but still sturdy and new footbed will make them comfortable again.

I would also check out zappos.com for free shipping and returns, or find your size in a local store and then buy last year's model from sierra trading post for a discount

Just picked up a pair of La Sportiva Karakorums to try this hunting season.

My wildland firefighter boots started, after two years, rubbing my toe wrong. I'll report back how they do after I break them in.

Vince":1k7wlkqm said:

My wildland firefighter boots started, after two years, rubbing my toe wrong. I'll report back how they do after I break them in.

That's another great pair of boots. I haven't owned a pair, but many other friends have and they are a tough mountain boot. Can you snap a picture of them Vince?

SJB358":2mjkz9xi said:
Vince":2mjkz9xi said:

That's another great pair of boots. I haven't owned a pair, but many other friends have and they are a tough mountain boot. Can you snap a picture of them Vince?

By all means, give us a picture. I'm intrigued.

I am on my second pair of Danner Elk Hunters.

JD338

For warm weather I have a pair of Danner Arcadias and they have been fine four years running. My friend picked up the Kagaroo hide feather weight boots and I will say they do not scratch like cow hide and are better water proofed than my goretec arcadias. These are by Cabelas and at one time browning.

Just a heads-up, If anyone is looking for boots right now Amazon has a 30% off promotion for boots if you spend over 100 dollars.

I use Danner Pronghorns around home and in low country, Cabelas Meindl Alaskan Hunters in steep country.

Back