Some good people on here.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
And in this world. I put a post up last week or so about a reduced 30-06 load for a kid that got a 6.5 CM but I worked up a load for 06 in case I can't get all the components needed for the 6.5. Got some partial boxes of bullets and plenty of primers and powder.

MichSteve on here asked what I needed for the 6.5, I told him brass and that I would likely come up with some sooner or later. He offered to send me some brass for free. Awesome gesture.

This evening I get home and there's a box from Michigan. In it is a new bag of Starline brass. When I picked it out I was shocked. Underneath was 2 bags of Nosler 120 gr BT's, and 2 bags of 130 grain AccuBond's.

I try to help people also, but I was a little taken back by it. You can't get much of anything right now, and what you can get is expensive. He likely doesn't want any credit but I feel some public credit and recognition is more than warranted.

Thank You! I'll try to make the kid I'm loading for understand the significance of what he just got.

Beautiful example of the quality people who make up this forum. Can't get much better than that. A big thank you to MichSteve for being a truly first-rate individual.

That's extra special helping that young shooter out. Another one of the fine folks here on this site. Dan.

Thank you both! I have been on he receiving end of many kindnesses over the years both on this board and in life in general- thanks. Particularly for the young person, its sets an example that some would have us believe no longer exists of selflessness and integrity. Traits we all need to practice and sometimes be on the receiving end of. CL

I lurk a lot here (and other sites) but this is oh so true. A bunch of good ones who also know what they are talking about and generously share their knowledge.

Yes. So true. There are some good people on here!

I had a similar experience lately. I had run out of a reloading component and one of the fellow members on here sent me a PM and offered me some from his supply. It was very refreshing. At the time I didn't post his username since I didn't want him to become flooded with unsolicited requests.

I did, however, mention the good intentions to a couple of the moderators of this site and expressed how great the followers of this forum are.

In addition to the forum members I would like to congratulate the moderators for keeping this forum a great place that attracts great members.

Dan

Holy Cow!
That’s a great story!
What a magnificent gesture!
Thank you to all who helped out!

Hawk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that is great!

Definitely, the best hunting and shooting forum on the internet.

Definitely dead right.. some great people on this site & well deserved credit for an outstanding gesture. Keep it up guys it's also a credit for this forum. (y) (y) (y)

This is far and away the best group of folks in any forum I belong to or ever have belonged to online. The advice, the wisdom, the generosity, the humility are all representative of the country we all know and love best. It’s folks like you all that give me hope for the future.

I myself had a terrible experience on another social media platform this morning where I ended up getting took for $75. Ugh. Made me so mad I had to just take the day and escape into the hills for a while. Some people suck, but that’s on them. And they will get theirs in this life or the next.

Good deeds endure and will always be rewarded. Right will always overcome in the end. Be the best you that you can be. And fellas, you’re all top notch here.

a902fea4c3d6e064fa564e274cf1e3b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back