Sons cougar

OU812

Handloader
Apr 18, 2006
Here is a picture of my son and his hunting buddy with a cougar Mitch (son) killed this afternoon while elk hunting on his grandpas/Debbie (my wife's) property. Shot with a 338wm, my 250 NP handloads. Son said it was a bang flop/kick game over kind of deal.

Bill

Attachments

• Mitch cougar.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 593
That is a fine kitty, Bill. Your son deserves our congratulations.

Bill,

Congratulations to Mitch on a great cat. Looks to be a 150 lber.
Is he going to get it mounted? Life size mounts are awesome.

JD338

JD338":3peucx93 said:
Bill,

Congratulations to Mitch on a great cat. Looks to be a 150 lber.
Is he going to get it mounted? Life size mounts are awesome.

JD338

He has not weighted it, or at least as far as I know but he too was guessing 150. He wants a rug made.

Bill

OUTSTANDING!

Congrats to the young hunter! That is going to be a terrific trophy of a hunt remembered for the rest of his life. OUTSTANDING!

So... You think a 250 gr bullet was enough? :mrgreen:

Guy Miner":98gfkq3u said:
OUTSTANDING!

Congrats to the young hunter! That is going to be a terrific trophy of a hunt remembered for the rest of his life. OUTSTANDING!

So... You think a 250 gr bullet was enough? :mrgreen:

By the looks of things I would say it was about just right, I'll bet even the cat would agree.:grin:

That's pretty darn cool. I imagine he's darn proud of that cat! It might surprise you, but they also are good eating. I've had several steaks and burger and it was very good.

6mm Remington":21itdm4h said:
That's pretty darn cool. I imagine he's darn proud of that cat! It might surprise you, but they also are good eating. I've had several steaks and burger and it was very good.

You bet he is proud and as an obvious plus it will help the deer and elk that hang up on the wife's property. The elk were in there a weeks or so back so they should be back in there pretty soon, he might have helped run them out. Oh yes they are very good eating and I can't wait to get some steak.

Bill

Very nice, something to be proud of for sure. Great bragging rights for a long time, too.
Congradulations on a job well done.

I was talking with him last night and he was telling me what he was saying to him self just before he shot and I quote "Don't miss ya dumb SOB don't miss". I got a chuckle out of that.

Bill

FOTIS":38uzthlb said:
Very nice kitty there!

He has always wanted to get a cougar. Now I hope the elk will come back in before seasons end, got a couple of nice bulls on the trail camera.

Bill

Bill,

Best of luck to Mitch on the elk hunting. Hope to see another picture soon.

I also hope to see a picture of you with a nice bull. :grin:

JD338

Back