Speer Hot core 140 grain 6.5 mm?

Cleveland48

Handloader
Jul 28, 2015
Hey folks I just ordered a box of these. I decided to try something new this year in my creedmoor. Are these considered a good deer bullet? Seems like I have seen on other forums where people were a fan of them in other calibers. Are they usually considered an easy bullet to find a accurate load?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you already have a 140 gr load developed, I would start there and drop the charge weight by 2-3 grains.
The Speed Hot Core should get the job done for you.

JD338

The Speer Hot-Cor is a fine bullet that will do the job for you. Easy to find a load? They're certainly no more difficult than other bullets.

Good deal thanks guys. I have never tried any Speer products before. They are not easy to find locally around here.

Speer makes a pretty vanilla bullet. It's exceedingly normal. That doesn't mean bad, it just means that it's a normal jacket, surrounding a lead core, in a pretty much normal shape.

I've had very good results with the good old Speer bullets and hope they remain on the market for decades to come. Their varmint bullets are terrific!

Regards, Guy

They tend to shoot relatively flat for their weight and are easy to get good accuracy from. I've been using them in. 280 Rem and various 30 cals on big Northwood deer for many years.

Thanks guys they should be here today. And I'll start making up some loads to try out next week.

Back