Spring Bear in Idaho!! Lots of photos!! Story!

nvbroncrider

Handloader
Aug 20, 2011
Packing my stuff trying to get ready to go. Gotta load ammo yet shoot one last time so much to do so little time. Coming off night shift I've run outta gas. Time for a siesta and get back a going.

Those final hours before leaving can be chaotic. Get some rest and enjoy the hunt. I'm certain it will be great, Jake. Looking forward to hearing about the hunt and seeing what you tag.

Jake, I wished I could be there with you brother. You have no idea how much I wanted to meet up in Idaho. I think your going to have a great hunt up there. It is primo bear country and your outfitter is the best I've ever met.

Good luck, pack up, get some rest, and drive safe.

David is right though, take lots of pictures and send them frequently!

Good luck and take lots of pics for us to see. Should be lots of bears in that area and I bet a fair number of color phase bears.

Good luck and do drive safe. Waitin on pics. With a bear hunt in the planning for 2016 I'll be hanging on anything bruin.

Jake,

Best of luck.
Have fun, be safe, drive like you own the truck and not like you stole it, and enjoy yourself.

I look forward to reading about your hunt.

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Thanks Vince made me laugh. It looks well used or stolen!!! No worries. It would be lots of fun guys. Just gotta get everything taken care of a couple loads of laundry and I'll be ready.

Well loaded up leaving in the morning. Loaded ammo today for the 338 then shot both rifles to verify POI. Very happy with the 338. First MOA group and shot 1.5 @ 200 with a full value 0-15 wind. The 7X57 is going also. I had hell with it today but it was breezy and I probably shot it too fast. I'll try and shoot it up there before it goes into the field.

338 running 225 PT @ 2680

7X57 running 150 PT @ 2775

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,339
Looks good to me Jake. Should be well within Minute O Bear. That load will hit like a truck.

Can't wait to hear/see some pictures. When do you take off?

Either load should serve you well, Jake. We're all pulling for you on this trip.

Well I got one. I'm kinda short on time right now but I will put a full post up on Saturday or Sunday as I got a lot to say and lots of pictures to post.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,302
Congrats on your blackie, looking forward to hearing the story.

Back