Spring Turkey Call Orders

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
The spring rush has started, and I'm taking orders on custom calls. Lots of wood/playing surface combo's to pick from. Please allow 3+ weeks to finish your call, I have several orders now, and I'm just one person. All come with a striker that has been tested and matched to the call. Sorry to say, but prices have gone up because the price of the materials has jumped up quite a bit. Some of what's available is:
These images are representatives of the different calls, not the exact call you'll receive. Yours may vary slightly, but will look very much the same. Just shoot me a PM to work out the details. Or you can mix/match whatever wood and playing surface. I will guide you if it's a good combo or not.

34r4AueGncMOawQSviYK86JlFFaHSoDBx0I_Kiq81Oy2l21nat9zi-8LOJ_jJuMQFPBPgPjYScBYwiZacmF6rUvDOoDPBH_md8psfZJh9e36DGNQP2sumJHr-viTtbCA7emjnVGAIpWc-LZtl1pm19g

Half bead blasted crystal in zebrano wood with a hand etched turkey track in the crystal.
$55.00

-Ku4TxWcMPN7PiPbcUo03pqdbp-l-6WIXWGgcztVoFYdFSiCXBgdh7x1_9dwxArpuVGCbriO_fRHrRbBeIHADuiABPBLXKdMywznBDynFxHXdbCoMl3g1vjEFep1xOIsm2TdhevdGO92tju0Fo7CQOI

Probably the most popular call I make. Sounds and looks great and easy to play.
$65.00

uvloFme5l7UCHyP4zpOB1MGVbBMZpc7BQ07ZIo-JuLhH7wGydPdA7ix5qESbk6P1yguX2uqBTBkaE439NXXFSOIl-ttxz4xZT6H0bxpG4CMJSX6PToG2Tdic3DOc_dDW_9u64Jv8dMU1xrJJi5EVBvg
szFwxYdpvGpvXVFT8bB51AAFVgI8G9ytRzQTiAmX3vXDgwpXPhgIqyAXZsYZt4R1h8z-ZtwDi4EtQ2frgBg8C76b2BDiFxjXWQoXOS87PEaWC4avDd-_hVsFjS1K57nKa-bz_h5RLcv4xT-n4s2Fq7E

Copper Call In Pau Ferro
An incredible looking call that sounds fantastic.
$70.00

nyPGIU0Py4uTvLxM18gY-DIvRymhXz393S_qJDgqUzD672BqgBhVylV6bBzEYAZ7v2dR8yGsYUtLCGdNFJ9F8eHleMDT8qsN_AqV6Z1uWqzHraMAduAreMGN77cifeFuIE59enqmFGkd6x6iCViabhM
KYUmTJ_CqbVja4C9Djx4GdG9FRq_spolLq7ZYuMLVtBm_1ZL76JeraZ2vLX8sTBPLxm7GN4C2bvQ1rWh1uODksCdK8DleLv6hAyS1JwlCRg7n_VfEs7apIJUx72OrW5olBPVGOXX5PSuvnt9LqSzHn4

Green Slate in a laminate of cherry, walnut, and oak
The only slate call that I make. Sounds great and the green slate sometimes has a "marbled" appearance.
$55.00

GX_nMqGNFO06M_I8YMp_fIybvjfVMvBvrsVE2xlVnUWewVVIIeAK5JkWipbfjUxKFm2ChKSemLEIJWIstsDf0hWMI0LE3xw2HXR9Ktitc0LJ90f1PDbcRm72P-ZKco8NFps3doEsV9WJnp1ODV44_EQ
z6GP0c7ahGqIbx-leRujEkQ2PNgQWuG_7C5kPivWLK2gwaLcbkxgZrJfXZ_geZh3or8AnFwJ4UfYF3-A1nUrKotvb-17iMqmgbSs2mts7RlAq6_37eTcp9DU2jHPCnfqqk1hVwcQjekXzNw30ewg0kI

copper in very rare Ciricote' wood
This one is VERY rare. Dense Ciricote' wood looks black, but closer inspection reveals swirls of tans, browns, and whites. Ciricote and copper are a perfect match to produce a very realistic soundind call.
$75.00

Never hunted turkey before but this spring I’m going to give a whirl. I picked up one of his calls earlier this year and will be putting it to use.
Rick, be for warned that turkey hunting is very addictive. Having a good call like Howie's is definitely going to lead you to success.

JD338

Howie, do you ever or have you ever made any Titanium or Ceramic surfaced pots before ?

Howie, do you ever or have you ever made any Titanium or Ceramic surfaced pots before ?
I've made some ceramic calls that sounded just OK, I've yet to work out what ceramic likes (wood, distances, etc)

I've made some ceramic calls that sounded just OK, I've yet to work out what ceramic likes (wood, distances, etc)
I gotcha. I was curious. Not all hunters like ceramic but when its done right, ceramic is a favorite of mine.

Out of curiosity, is there still any interest in traditional box calls? Over the last year I've been messing around tweaking a design for one. Contrary to what you might think, they are every bit as sensitive to changes as pot calls. As of now what I have that's working is one with a walnut lid and base with cottonwood sides. Anyway, just wondering if there is as much demand for box calls as there was before pot calls took over the turkey woods.

Don't know about the younger crowd but us older dudes use them. I always thought it was a good locater call as it could be made loud with a little extra pressure on the lid then less pressure for a soft close in call. Just takes a little practice. Dan.

I like the box call! Offers a different sound to throw at the birds and it can also do gobbles.

JD338

Thanks guys. The hardest thing is getting that radius on the bottom of the paddle. There are radius planes to simplify the process, just wasn't going to invest in them if demand isn't there. When I get one exactly how I want it, I'll post up some pics

Back