Springfield Armory Hellcat

wvbuckbuster

Handloader
Nov 5, 2015
Bought a Springfield Armory Hellcat micro 3 in barrel yesterday. Have any of you used or own one? Does it show any preference in bullet weight as far as groups and function? Will get it to the range soon and start wringing it out. Dan.

I don't own any subs, micros or compacts from SA, but I do have 2 xdm (5.25") precisions (1 each) in 10mm and 40s&w that are good guns. So far no preference on bullets either.

To further your info go on the The Armory Life and for issues of any kind? I'm on there as well.

Thanks for all the info. Took it to the range today for a test run. Came with 5 mags, 1-11 rd, 2-13 rd, and 2 -15 rd. Loaded each twice for a total of 124 shots fired. Ran smooth as silk with no hiccups. Was using a load consisting of Berrys 115gr RN plated bullet, 5.6grs AA#5 powder. Some blasting ammo had laying around. Really can pick up on the sights with my poor eyes. Believe it will be a good reliable weapon. Dan.

Went back to the range and did the same test, same amount of ammo but with a 124gr bullet using 6.5 grs Power Pistol. it ran like a top, no problems. Only difference I noticed was a little more recoil. I'm sold on it. Dan.

Back