Staball powder on sale

Staball Match may be a alternate powder for the .308 in place of Varget in case Varget cannot be found.

The 5lbs of Staball HD I ordered from Hodgdon should be here tomorrow. As soon as weather and work permits I plan on compiling some data with my 7mm Rem Mags.

The 5lbs of Staball HD I ordered from Hodgdon should be here tomorrow. As soon as weather and work permits I plan on compiling some data with my 7mm Rem Mags.
Sounds like it's close to Retumbo I will watch for sales as I have 13 lbs of Ramshot Magnum and 6lbs of R22 so no hurry to add another powder yet.

Received the 5 lbs of Staball HD today. It’s a fine grain ball powder as expected so load densities should be high. Weather and work permitting I’ll try to load and fire a couple ladders in 7mm Rem Mag with 175gr ELD-X’s or 180gr Berger Hybrids to see where it and Ramshot LRT pressures out. Maybe with 160gr bullets as well. It will be this weekend before I’ll be able to dedicate the time to it. I have to say that I’m optimistic about it. Staball 6.5 is truly excellent in my 270 Winchester.

Last edited:
Used 6.5 StaBall with 140gr Barnes Match Burner with my 6.5 CM. It is my "go-to" load now with that bullet.

Back