Beginner
Jan 12, 2022
Have a new m48 mountain
That when loading factory 180 or 200 accubonds the bolt is really
Stiff to
Close and open fine without ammo abd my other two m48 work like butter
Is their something I can do to fix this or
Do I need to send it in

Not sure but here's a suggestion. Take a marker and color the bullet before you insert into the chamber. After closing the bolt fully eject the round and see if any of the marker has been remove from the bullet indicating contact with the rifling lands. If the bullet is contacting the lands you build up excessive pressure during firing.

Not sure but here's a suggestion. Take a marker and color the bullet before you insert into the chamber. After closing the bolt fully eject the round and see if any of the marker has been remove from the bullet indicating contact with the rifling lands. If the bullet is contacting the lands you build up excessive pressure during firing.
An excellent suggestion that can save you a lot of grief. I wonder whether other bullets are giving you similar results, or if your observation is solely with the AB.

btap - are you trying handloads or factory ammo?

I've found that sometimes I don't size my handloads down enough for easy chambering.

Guy

Loading factory nosler ammo 180 and 200 g
Not even 40 rounds through the rifle

Last edited:
An excellent suggestion that can save you a lot of grief. I wonder whether other bullets are giving you similar results, or if your observation is solely with the AB.
My main issue it not wanting chamber factory nosler ammo in a pretty much new rifle only sighted it in

My main issue it not wanting chamber factory nosler ammo in a pretty much new rifle only sighted it in
I'd be inclined to suggest that you may have received a firearm with a chamber that isn't cut to specs. A chamber cast will tell you a great deal about what is going on.

Thats what I’m leaning towards because I have 2
Other m48 noslers that chamber perfectly
This is the newest one
I chambered the 180’s and seemed stiff so I chambered the 200’s and they were even hard to get the bolt shut

Call Nosler, that doesn't sound right.
FWIW, my wife has a Mountain Carbon 30 Nosler. The action is slick and there are no issues with chambering a round.

JD338

Thanks man that’s what I what thinking
Just wanna make sure there wasn’t something dumb I was missing
Barely got it sighted in
This is my only
Mountain but I have 2 m48 long range carbons that chamber like butter

Thanks man that’s what I what thinking
Just wanna make sure there wasn’t something dumb I was missing
Barely got it sighted in
This is my only
Mountain but I have 2 m48 long range carbons that chamber like butter
It should cycle like the others. My wife also has M48 Heritage 280AI and I just bought a M21 308 Win. They all have smooth actions and shoot lights out.

JD338

Really sounds like a shallow throat. Man, if Nosler could just get some good people building these guns and get their customer service where it should be at, I think they would have some very competitive rifles. I just keep hearing how badly they've handled when people have problems and it has scared me away from considering them.

Back