Strelok pro question

remingtonman_25_06

Handloader
Nov 17, 2005
I'm having a bit of a time figuring out the strelok pro app where you enter the zero weather and current weather. I've got a kestrel 2500 that tells you altitude and pressure. But in the strelok pro version it makes you pick one or the other. This is where I'm confused. Dont you need both of the values entered to be accurate? When you go to the zero weather screen, it doesnt even have the altitude. When you go to the current weather, you can enter the internal barometer check box, or you can use the density altitude box and when you check that, the altitude pops up, but the pressure option goes away. How would you properly set this up? I always thought altitude played a big role when you're shooting at sea level, versus 5000ft elk hunting. If anyone can give any insight on this, itd be greatly appreciated.

You can use either or. I'd rather use Density altitude than the barometric pressure reading from the Kestrel. Barometric pressure can change moment by moment, especially when there is weather disturbances like low or high pressure moving in. I've been using Ballistic Advance Edition. The program use Density altitude and temperature. There is no provision for barometric pressure and its pretty accurate.

How do you figure density altitude? I've never seen that or heard of it really until I got the pro version of strelok? So you're saying dont even bother with the normal altitude, if you're just going by the density altitude. Still somewhat confused...

I'm not familiar with Strelok. With Ballistic Advance Edition, you enter altitude and temperature and it will calculate density altitude.

remingtonman_25_06":w8m8tpap said:
How do you figure density altitude? I've never seen that or heard of it really until I got the pro version of strelok? So you're saying dont even bother with the normal altitude, if you're just going by the density altitude. Still somewhat confused...

What I'm suppose to say in my previous statement was, normal altitude above sea level plus the actual temperature will give you Density altitude.

Back