stuck case removal

jimbires

Handloader
Aug 16, 2011
I just received an email from Brownells advertising this new tool . it looks like a good option to the drill and tap the primer pocket method . although I've never had a problem drilling and tapping the primer pocket to get the stuck case out . just thought I'd pass along this new tool demonstration . it looks like a good idea .

That's slick. Way better than having to drill and tap the stuck case. I need to have one one hand just in case. Of course, having this will ensure I don't get another case stuck in a die.

JD338

That's slick. Way better than having to drill and tap the stuck case. I need to have one one hand just in case. Of course, having this will ensure I don't get another case stuck in a die.

JD338
Of course! The mere threat of having an easy way to remove a stuck case will ensure that it never happens.

Here's a video review that this guy did. Warning he is long winded, I jumped ahead several times to speed it up, but a hour long was a little much. Take a look and see if this stuck case remover will work for you. Watch it all the way to the end to see what happens to the tool.

I like the looks of this and ease of operation. Shows out of stock at the moment. You stuck case guys must have bought them all:D I'll have to buy one just in case my buddy wants to borrow it;) Dan.

Here's a video review that this guy did. Warning he is long winded, I jumped ahead several times to speed it up, but a hour long was a little much. Take a look and see if this stuck case remover will work for you. Watch it all the way to the end to see what happens to the tool.

Entertaining video at sticking a case , best part of the video. Shannon can be comical at times.

Seems the drill and tap is a no fail for real tough stuck cases.
The Frankford tool is neat for moderate stuck cases, makes it a breeze.
Haven't had a stuck case yet. 😉

Sometimes it happens just before hunting season and you were a bit low on ammo and had to load some. Not that I would know what that's like😬
This is why you should own multiple guns in multiple calibers you never want to be in a jam.

Haha that's true. Need some overlap for sure. Otherwise you're hunting with 4 rounds of something you're sighted in for and carry other rounds that hit close enough for 200 yards and under 😉

I must just be the luckiest reloader in town. I've been handloading for 45 years and have never got a case stuck in a die. Now that I've said it, you know it's gonna happen. LOL

My buddy shoots a lot of BIG Weatherby cartridges. Every now & then he'll get a case stuck in the sizing die. He ships the die to the manufacturer for removal. It's a big waste of time to ship it out when such a good tool is available.

Interesting note: the die company told him to STOP using Hornady One Shot on the big cases and to start using Imperial sizing wax. I gave him a spare can that I had on hand, and he never got a case stuck again.

Back