Suggestion for NOSLER

WHELENATOR

Beginner
Nov 4, 2004
I realize you guys are freaks for the new short "magnums", but how about you guys building that new rifle of yours for next year in a 7 mm,..7 Weatherby, 7 STW, or 7 Ultra Mag? If it shoots that good, a lot of guys would like to own one for "the rifle", you know, the one they always grab when they know it'll do the job every time consistently, accurately, every time...I can read the ad in Shooting Times now...

"When the ranges are long, and the bucks wary, reach for your NOSLER rifle...flat shooting and 1/2 inch accurate in 7 STW for this year. The deer will wonder where the lightning came from"

I will keep that in mind.

We haven't finished the 2006 version yet, there is a lot of theories, but it is still up in the air.

Thanks

Nosler, thanks for the reply. I tried to send this out last night but the net wasn't working too well.....(too many bullet orders)
I personally cannot afford one of those BADASS rifles since I am a poor old GI, but would at least love to see them in normal calibers..maybe some fool will have to sell one really cheap and I'll grab it for $1,000...
Glad to see you guys are actually taking input from customers.

To me Nosler has always stood for affordable quality. The Nosler rifle breaks that tradition. Any chance Nosler will expand the rifle lineup to make one more affordable to the masses?

We will be able to answer that question in the next few months. We owe our customers a top notch rifle and the current rifle has received a bunch of the spotlight. Once it is put to bed our focus can go elsewhere.

I too would like to see the new rifle chambered in some more "traditional " calibers as I have a perhaps irrational aversion to the short and fats. How about a .300 Win Mag.?

maybe you could legitimize the .280 Ackley Imp. ? be enough gun up to caribou at any reasonable range and for a good shot elk and black bear to at least 300 yds. All without a ground shaking muzzle blast or a sore shoulder when shooting for groups off the bench.

He have some great things in the works.... Keep the information coming :grin:

I would like to know why the Nosler solid baseB/T in the lead tip went away?I shoot a 7mm Rem. Mag. and found for this calibre the "old" solid base was an awesome killer.All other bullets shoot accuratly but good expansion in this fast shooter is a problem.Maybe it was a poor seller,but in my tests on big game,including elk and moose,this bullet was and is the most deadly.Any chance of Nosler reviving this wonderfull bullet? yours in Truth, Leatherbelly
ps:forgot to mention, I like the 162gr.btsp in S/B

Back