Surprise, surprise from a used Marlin X7

I have one and it has me tearing my hair out.
It’s good to know others are having a lot better luck than me.
What caliber? My .243 is an excellent shooter, and my friend's 7-08 is a solid MOA rifle. However, I bought a used 7-08 that I couldn't get to shoot well. So, I sold it and bought a Ruger American instead. While not spectacular, it's been at least acceptable.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

This rifle, scope, and ammo combination has proven to a real deer killer for the young couple. He has killed two VERY nice bucks (and assorted does) with it, and she took her second and largest buck to date with it. In fact, she pulled a double taking the buck and a doe in the same hunt.

This is a special family with old time values and work ethics. She home schools the kids and in addition to his regular job, he buys, repairs, and flips cars. Heck, they even send me Father's Day cards, and I am only a neighbor. Dan
It's nice to hear of younger people with good values. I am young myself and don't get along well with most people my age because I find them usually self centered and ignorant. I mostly like to be around the older and wiser crowd, like you folks here, not that any of of you are old of course. 😁😉

What caliber? My .243 is an excellent shooter, and my friend's 7-08 is a solid MOA rifle. However, I bought a used 7-08 that I couldn't get to shoot well. So, I sold it and bought a Ruger American instead. While not spectacular, it's been at least acceptable.
30-06 stainless model. My brother has a 308 Win. and 7mm-08 and both are respectable shooters.

Back