Swarovski Scopes?

ldg397

Handloader
Sep 27, 2007
Does anyone have an A/V or Z3 Swarovski that they could give an opinion on? I really like the Z3 because it is slim and very light in the 3.5X10X42BRH variety. Would like to put it on a new fn winchester stainless featherweight in 270 win. Is there a big design difference in the A/V or Z3 or just a rebadging thing?

I have heard people complain about scopes using leaf springs or coil springs is it really that big of deal and what does these "lower end" swarovski's use? I can tell a pretty big difference in clarity between the Z3 and the Zeiss/Leupold scopes in the store just wondering if anyone has any real hunting experience with them.

Swarovski scopes are among the brightest in the industry. I have one Z3 and one Z6. The optical clarity and resolution are indistinguishable between the two. I have several Zeiss Diavari scopes, and I am unable to distinguish between the Zeiss and the Swarovski. Buy one and you'll not regret it.

Thanks DrMike I took your advice and am now the proud owner of a brand new Z3 3.5X10X42 with the BRH reticle. This scope is amazing can't wait to get it on a rifle. The reticle is going to take a little practice. It has the mil dots and the wind drift bars, looks complicated but with a little homework and preparation it looks like it will be simple to use in the field.

What mounts do use on your swarovski's. I like the S&K's for looks and being very light but they will scratch up your scope and don't think I have spent this much for a scope before so don't want to scratch it all up.

Congratulations on the scope. I do believe you are going to enjoy the scope. It is excellent glass. I use Talley mounts for my Swarovski scopes. Leupold Dual Dovetail Mounts are very good as well; I use them with some of my Zeiss scopes.

Doc Mike, do you have a Z3 4-12x50? I'm thinking about picking one up, and am curious if you have any opinions.

BK,

I don't own any Swarovski scopes with a 50 mm objective. Those I have looked through were very good, as would be expected. I generally like 30 mm tubes and a maximum of 44 mm objective. The exceptions in my inventory are Leupold VX-L scopes, which are very nice.

Back