Swift A Frame 225gr

Alaska

Handloader
Aug 20, 2006
This is my Swift A Frame only one of many I was able to recover over the years. A 225gr recovered from a Moose taken by me in 2015, shot was at 300 yards with 338 Win Mag at a angle on the moose the bullet was recovered it far hip area traveling the length of the moose. Naturally the moose dropped at the shot.
71.0 of IMR 4350
225gr Swift A Frame
WW Brass and WLRM primer

A great bullet for the 338 Win Mag and 338 RUM for Alaska hunting !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 30
I bounce between 225gr Nosler Part and 225gr Swift A frames in 338 Win. My 338 RUM always gets the A Frames 225gr with RL 22.

For heavy game that Swift A Frame is a great bonded bullet and great accuracy also.

Those A-frames are the real deal. A buddy of mine bought some of the 275 grain .338 caliber bullets and loaded them in his Win Mag years ago. We clocked them going 2300 fps with a max load of whatever powder we had. Watched him pile drive a coyote with one WAY out there. The bullet went clear through that yote and is probably still burrowing deep into the earth as we speak. 😁

Those A-frames are the real deal. A buddy of mine bought some of the 275 grain .338 caliber bullets and loaded them in his Win Mag years ago. We clocked them going 2300 fps with a max load of whatever powder we had. Watched him pile drive a coyote with one WAY out there. The bullet went clear through that yote and is probably still burrowing deep into the earth as we speak. 😁
275gr coyote bullet , that’s my kind of thinking😁

I shot a few nice bull moose with the 250Accubond from a 338RUM. Most bullets passed through. One big bull presented himself at 55yds and turned broadside. The bullet hit him square on the shoulder and passed all the way through the opposite shoulder before resting in the offside hide. IIRC the recovered bullet weighed about 145gr after penetrating all that bone.

I've had nothing but good luck with the Accubonds in every diameter.

Last edited:
Swift makes some great bullets. I love their Scirocco and also the A-Frame. It’s one of the bullets I like to try in any serious rifle where they make something that fits.

That 225gr A-frame and 71grs of IMR4350 with a mag primer has taken quite a number of animals for me in Africa and the USA. One shot and no tracking. I plan to use them for a Red Stag hunt this year. Here is one I took out of a 6X6 elk I shot. Dropped where he stood. Bullet broke a shoulder - traveled thru the chest cavity- broke a last rib on the other side and was stuck in the hide. Range was 175 yards with the bull quartering to me. Great bullets.

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 5
What's not to like with those kind of results.
Well done.

JD338

Back