Tasco/ Varmint rifle scope

I have had a couple. They could be better. If you are in to saving some money and want good optics try the mark III line from NCStar. I have a 10-40/50 (187.50 with a lifetime over the counter warranty) and really like it. The optics are as good as anything I have shot other than one Springfield arms 60 power, but at 1600 of someone elses money it should have. Consequently the new tascos are built by NCStar and are not the as quality of lenses as their own scopes.

I had the 6-24 mil-dot scope on my Savage 204Ruger. As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. It has been replaced with a Bushnell 4200 Elite 6-24 target dot scope. What a difference. I'll sell you the one I pulled off the 204.

I know a guy that had a problem with his 6-24. It was fuzzy over 200 yards. He took it back they gave him a new one and no problem. By the way for the record they manufacture the tasco and bushnell now, so you might think. You could have replaced with a mark III instead of the economy you had. Would have been better than the elite. Yes, I have shot both.

Back