Tater did it!

JDMAG

Handloader
Aug 15, 2006
My son Taylor got his first antelope today. Pics will follow soon! 250 to 300 yards. dropped it! I got mine too. 217 yards running left to right at full speed. one shot thru the neck. Greg Nolan got one at about 400 yards..
Also Greg and Black n Tan, got their Mule deers on Friday of last week. Me and Taylor will start hunting for our mulies again tomorrow.
Having a blast in Wyoming! that White tip bullet works GOOD!

Congrats but....

Details man Details!

Gun, load, where are you hunting, etc....

You got it pop!
1) Taters gun 300 win mag RugerM77 mk2 77 gr RL 22 & 180 AB
2) Mine was my 300 RUM Rem 700 CDL 200 grain AB with 95 gr Retumbo.
3) Gregs was a 257 Bee, I don't know his load.
Just another great year out west with Greg. I've been blessed to have such a friend!

Hooray for Tater! Good show. Man, were you and Tater carrying enough gun for those aggressive 'lopes?

Pop,
We are in the shirley basin for speed goats and down around Glendo for deer,staying in Douglas.
DSCN0199_060.jpg

The one in the truck is Taters
DSCN0205_028.jpg

me and Greg
DSCN0178_039.jpg

Congratulations to all! Great pictures.
Good luck with the deer hunting.

JD338

Congratulations. I see some overkill still ending up in the freezer as others have alluded to as well!! Nice pictures. :mrgreen:

Well I did have the Lott with me and wanted to do a "Pop job" on an antelope, but I can do that again some other time! :grin:
DSCN0180_050.jpg

Thats not Sasquatch.............it's mini-squatch! :lol:
DSCN0166_037.jpg

Thats me messin with mini-squatch!

Congrats and nice photos!! Stories are great but they always seen to have so much added to them with pictures from the experience. :grin:

Yes we were on area 47. seen a couple of good bucks too but all we had were doe tags.

There are some "magic spots " out there for sure!

Congrats to all of you ! Great to always see the young ones take their first of anything.
( He's growing too - wont' be too long before he's throwing his weight around at Dad ) ! :grin:

but ya know powerstroke.......I turned the tables on him. I wear HIS clothes now! :lol: and I can buy him all kinds of hunting gear that fits me!

securedownload.jpg

I found this one in my phone and just figured out how to get it transfered.

Back