Tater's First Deer!

JDMAG

Handloader
Aug 15, 2006
Well I took every ones advice, from practicing with a .22 all the way to pulling the Bipod off my 22-250 yesterday evening, and putting it on his .243. and My sons shooting has improved immensely. To day he took his first deer, with a perfect heart lung shot at 73 yards, with his .243, and "our" reloads. took out the bottom of the lungs and the top of the heart.Couldn't ask for a better morning.
100_2806.jpg
[/img]
100_2807.jpg
100_2835.jpg

100_2836.jpg
[/img]

Thats Awesome!

Congratulations to both you and your son. Excellent shot from some great coaching. Good job fellas. :grin:

JD338

Congratulations. You both created memories that will last a lifetime. Keep up the good work.

Congrats to both of you !! That is awesome to work from an issue that arose, to over comming it and then taking his deer.
That's what it's all about... Again Congrats !!

Its been said, but there isnt a better adjective. Out stikin' standing!!!! That deer is a lot bigger than my first one, and that rack is on the wall. Judging from that smile I'd say those two have new hunting partners!! It just doesnt get any better. Congrats fellas!! CL

:grin: And thanks for all your help and atta boys! All the input for getting rid of the flinch and the shakes is deeply appreciated. The flinch is manageable now but still needs some work. However, his confidence just got a tremendous boost with his first deer under his belt.

Just keep shootin that .22. If he can Manage it eventually, learning to shoot from a kneeling position will provide some support w/o the bi-pod. My Dad could do it. Years of practice, he once stepped on a porcupine, lost his balance rolled head over heels, came up on one knee and drilled that pine at about 40 feet.
Personally I like my shooting sticks. Whatever, whenever, just keep shooting together. Maybe try some trap with a 410 just for variety. Congrats again. CL

Thinking about his first deer next time at the range ought to help out with that flinch and boost his confidence. Awesome team effort!

He hammered a button buck between the eyes at about 50 yards with a muzzle loader this weekend. I hope he doesnt get over confident. But I aint got no mo freezer space! :roll:
JDMAG

Back