The Best Case Lube

3deers

Beginner
Oct 23, 2015
Recently, I got a case stuck something bad in a die. Then did it again, before realizing that a can of "One Shot" had been in the cupboard too long and was no longer doing the job it was supposed to be.

I liked the One Shot product because it was easy to use, and was supposed to be non-detrimental to powder, in the event that a bit got left in the case neck. However, I never found it to be quite as slick as the old lube I used to apply by hand years ago. What is the reloading community using today, and what do you find to be the best case lube?

I've stuck a few cases using various sizing lubes and have found the best of the best is Readings Imperial sizing wax. It doesn't go bad on the self and when properly used has no equal.
With that said let me say I don't work for Reading so this isn't a sales pitch it just works.

I've try a few different case lubes One Shot , Dillons spray on , RCBS are the ones I can remember. I stuck a case with One Shot too. I don't load a lot of volume , 25 pc. of a specific caliber would be a lot for me , but some times I will load several different calibers on the same day . I been using Imperial Case Sizing Wax , I put it on with a RCBS case rolling pad or just smear it on with my fingers. After that I dip the neck in Imperial Dry Neck Lube. After I size them I wipe them off with Acetone. After I stuck the case I did a little research and it seemed like a lot of guys were doing this way. Seems to work pretty good . Hope This helps KH

I use One Shot and since then, :knock on wood: I've never stuck a case.
Prior to One Shot I got stuck cases pretty regularly.

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I use Oneshot but I apply it to the cases in a small plastic tub. I shake and move the cases around to get full coverage. The most important aspect to using Oneshot is to let it dry before sizing. I also use dry lube on every third or fourth case to keep the case necks working smoothly over the expander. I've never stuck a case.

Scott

I use both Imperial and a lube from Hornady. The Hornady is slightly thinner than the Imperial and goes on the cases a little thinner, with not quite so much residue.

Believe me, you can stick a case with Imperial Sizing Wax--but you do have to try to stretch it by doing four or five cases without renewing the wax on your finger. :oops: :oops: Don't ask how I know.

I dislike RCBS lube and used Lee for a while when I first started reloading. Lee I thought was better but still messy. Then I discovered Hornady 'Unique' & understand it's not too different from Imperial Sizing Wax...anyway, Unique has been good & a tub lasts me for years.

I still haven't found anyone in UK that sells Imperial, but since using the Hornady Unique, I haven't looked very hard.
Cheers, ET

Stuck far too many cases with one-shot. You could not pay me to use it.
Do not stick cases with RCBS Spray Lube. I use it for many different cases from 204Ruger to 50bmg. Some of the 50bmg(also 5.56 and 7.62X51) can be pretty hard to size when they were fired full-auto before I got them. Still no stuck cases with the RCBS Spray.
I just buy it by the case. I just finished resizing 6000+- 223/5.56, 120-300mag, 600-308win, 100- 7mm-08, 350- 30-06, 250- 6.5X55, 40- 204Ruger with not a single stuck case.

Thank you for your responses.
I'll have to check on availability of Imperial and/or RCBS on the north side of the border.

Are there any Canadian's out there who can tell me if Midway will ship to us?

Yes I am another Imperial Sizing Wax & Dry Neck Lube user after it being recommended by Dr.Mike a number of years ago (y).

Blessings,
Dan

I started with Lee and liked it quite well. I tried RCBS because Lee wasn't generally held in high regard. I found I like Lee better. You can mix a little Lee with water in a small spray bottle and it works great. A little Lee goes a LONG way and works wet or dry.

Back