The Little 44 is running

reflex264

Handloader
Jun 13, 2007
I finally got to shoot the little 44 after getting the other sight from Fermin Garza installed. I sighted it at 25 yards. Still didn't make it to shoot 100 yards yet. This gun will probably never see any light loads. It was bought with 3 purposes in mind. Packing for hog hunting, tree stand hunting and defense against upset bears. I picked those sights after seeing the pics RW put up. I was after quick target acquisition with precision. Fermin nailed it. After sighting in I took a plastic sprayer jug that was about the size of a brown bear head. I placed it on the ground about 10 yards in front of me. I pulled the gun up and shooting strictly double action shot the jug which took off. I proceeded to hit it moving with every shot. So another plan comes together. I really want some sheep horn grips on it but those ugly Hogue bantam grips work perfect to keep it under control even shooting hot 44 magnum loads double action. When I get time I am going to put on the shoulder rig that Randy Miller made and practice drawing and shooting targets like this. To say I am pleased would be the understatement of the year.
E0o8e0W.jpg

y7sgDjt.jpg

Back