The new Winchesters...

trays7940

Beginner
Feb 21, 2006
Anyone heard when the new winchesters or going to shipped to dealers?
I have looked at several places, on line, but they don't have the rifles yet.

I spoke to a local gun store this past Friday and asked about the new Winchester rifles - they have heard nothing since the limited release of the Featherweights. I'm beginning to wonder about the commitment of this company to producing the Model 70 again. Maybe they are having financial problems themselves and that is why there is now nearly a year long delay?

Saw a new featherweight at a dealer a few weeks ago - it was a beauty! :grin:

Quote off of another board:

i had a thread about this new rifle a few weeks back. and i spoke with the sc plant (twice) who told me the absolute earliest they'ed ship a sg would be summer 09, and then it would be the 08' model. he told me not to look for the 09's until late aug 09, if then. so i bought a new win super x 3 shotgun instead.

Guy Miner":95f9b0fk said:

Seen three myself here locally 2 at Sportsmans Warehouse and 1 at a local shop. All priced higher than I want to pay for one basicly full MSRP. Very beautiful stocks all Supergrades the one I really considered was a .270 the other two were 06 rifles. I'm waiting for the standard grade .270 Win to come out.

Yup, Im looking at the extreme weather ss in .06 or 300 win. I have not made up my mind but it appears I will have plenty of time to decide. Thanks for the info guys. :grin:

I saw one in 30-06 featherweght deluxe, beautiful wood, excellent trigger, good fit and finish, think it was $899. Went back to store and it had seen sold. Talked to a rep at Winchester, he said they are behind on production and some of the calibers that were orginally to come out in 09, will be delayed.

taylorce1":2jbg4s7r said:
Guy Miner":2jbg4s7r said:

Seen three myself here locally 2 at Sportsmans Warehouse and 1 at a local shop. All priced higher than I want to pay for one basicly full MSRP. Very beautiful stocks all Supergrades the one I really considered was a .270 the other two were 06 rifles. I'm waiting for the standard grade .270 Win to come out.

Supergrades or Featherweights? I was under the impression that the Supergrades weren't out yet.

Played with an '06 FWT today at SW. Outside of the goofy floorplate decoration, I wanted it bad. Very nice stick of wood on it.

Back