The Place Where My .375Wby Will Travel

bullet

Handloader
Dec 26, 2007
I just got back from my trip to Africa and had some time between my consulting job to view some of the area I will go in September of 2009. Here are some pictures I took of the place where my 375Wby will travel. It is east of Manyara in Tanzania and not far from Mosquito River. Thought some of you might like to see the area and I hope you enjoy them.

The months of July, August, September are 50-65 at night and 70-87 during the day and it is the dry season.

The place is beautiful.
IMG_2564.jpg

He really was close to the back of the pickup truck where I was in the back of the pickup truck.
IMG_2639.jpg

IMG_2555.jpg

I was 25ft from this cat standing in the back of the truck. This Lion started to stand real slow after I took this shot and Richard my ph who will take me hunting thought it best to drive a way and I did agree!!!
IMG_2533-1.jpg

What a place!!!
IMG_2425.jpg

IMG_2540.jpg

IMG_2496.jpg

IMG_2443.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg

IMG_2338.jpg

IMG_2485.jpg

Bullet, looks like you had a great time. It is an unreal place. I can see why people can just love that place. Great pics of the animals. Brings back fond memories.

What a beautiful & exiting place. You are trully blessed!
I hope you have a safe & productive hunt next year.

nomosendero":2i7h0fg7 said:
What a beautiful & exiting place. You are trully blessed!
I hope you have a safe & productive hunt next year.

Thank you I am looking forward to the experience.

Beautiful bullet, I can't stop looking at the pics.......send more, congratulations on a great trip........

Very nice bullet. Thank you for sharing you pics. When arre you leaving for your safari?

JD338

JD338":2m04b2i9 said:
Very nice bullet. Thank you for sharing you pics. When arre you leaving for your safari?

JD338

I am scheduled for Sept of 2009 and at the moment is will be cape buffalo, eland and impala.

IMG_2416.jpg

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2354.jpg

IMG_2379.jpg

IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_2389.jpg

IMG_2384.jpg

Africa is different, with yellow fever (you have to get the shot before you leave for Africa) Tse-Tse fly's, Malaria (four major types,you have to sleep under a mosquito net and take medication to kill the parasite even two weeks after you get back home if you have any since at all). So there are many other risks when hunting in Africa outside of animals that can eat you, such as all water unless bottled has to be boiled and don't go swimming in lakes, ponds or rivers. This is not because of crocodiles or hippo but because of parasites that will eat your body form the inside out. Yet what a place for adventure but one just has to be smart and cautious remembering that you take tropical Africa (around the equator) one step at a time and don't rush anything and I mean don't rush anything. Just a side note: Average life span of a bush African in Tanzania is 43yrs and for those in the cities is 47-48 depending on what part of the country and these are government figures.

Back