this is a good find

TackDriver284

Handloader
Feb 13, 2016
Drove 45 minutes into the next town and stopped at a gun shop, and found these. :grin: These bullets will hammer deer and hogs. Only thing they did not have was the 165 / 168 grain Ballistic Tips. Most websites shows as "out of stock " , but this is a great find for me. First time I will try RL-26.

k1vX6xbl.jpg

Lol. Didn’t even see the RL26 behind the bullets. I’m a believer.

Guy at the gun club has 7 boxes of 150 gn btips he wants to unload. Hopefully I’ll pick them up soon. I prefer 165 or 180’s. I’m a little slow to use a 160 in bear, but for some reason that extra 15-30 grains makes me more confident.. then I hear abou dr Mike taking bears on the run with 130 etips.. and I realize the 150 should be fine for most game in NA

Congratulations on your find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, you did quite well. Congratulations on your find. Were the prices decent?

DrMike":2lfgd5kj said:
Yes, I persuaded the owner that if I were to buy quantities of Ballistic Tips, if he will gladly give me a little discount and for the 45 minute drive to get there. He agreed to give a 10% discount on each box which is a great deal. He mentioned that those bullets were limited, and people were buying them fast.

TackDriver284":2534z94x said:
DrMike":2534z94x said:
Yes, I persuaded the owner that if I were to buy quantities of Ballistic Tips, if he will gladly give me a little discount and for the 45 minute drive to get there. He agreed to give a 10% discount on each box which is a great deal. He mentioned that those bullets were limited, and people were buying them fast.

Excellent! Again, he moved to accommodate your purchase and demonstrated that he was more concerned about service than merely making a buck.

Of all the bullets out there it’s still damned tough to beat a Nosler. I try all kinds of stuff, but they make what works, well, except for that danged ABLR :mrgreen:

SJB358":2uoqsntr said:
Of all the bullets out there it’s still damned tough to beat a Nosler. I try all kinds of stuff, but they make what works, well, except for that danged ABLR :mrgreen:

And even the ABLR works on occasion. The 150 grain ABLR works very well in my newer 280 Rem, having accounted for mule deer and elk when I did my part.

DrMike":1taw5ye0 said:
SJB358":1taw5ye0 said:

And even the ABLR works on occasion. The 150 grain ABLR works very well in my newer 280 Rem, having accounted for mule deer and elk when I did my part.

I’d love to get them to perk in any of my rifles. I was pretty jealous when your 280 took such a liking to them.

Funnily enough, it was only that one rifle that has sent them into an acceptable group. In every other instance... Well, the AB or the PT has saved the day.

SJB358":36vy720v said:

Same here, that 7mm ABLR was too fussy with my 7 Mag that I gave up on it. :lol:

I'll second, third and fourth the remarks about the ABLR. I've tried that bullet (150 gr. 7MM) in three 7x57 rifles and a 280 Rem. No such thing as groups, just patterns. :(
Paul B.

Back