This Is All I Saw

bullet

Handloader
Dec 26, 2007
This is all I saw while hunting yesterday.

Rifle season closed for fourteen days and will open back up in mid December. Only been a total of 1 1/2 days. Not been able to hunt much this year. Hope that changes for the second half of the season. I hope you enjoy the view from my ground blind.

Here is my wonderful comfortable chair and my AR as I began to set things up.
IMG_0240.jpg

Now a the view I have around my blind.
IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

Where I leave my 4 wheeler
IMG_0253.jpg

We call that green stuff on the trees and brown stuff on the ground "Mississippi" :mrgreen:

Heck I was trying to figure out what those tall things are sticking out of the ground. All of a sudden it dawned on me they are trees. That's why I didn't recognize them, we don't have many of those in South Dakota.

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see any Deer in those photos. I hope you get to hunt more in the next season and have good luck.

Larry

If that is all you saw, you saw a lot!

Beautiful!

Larry in SD":3lhb2ksx said:
Heck I was trying to figure out what those tall things are sticking out of the ground. All of a sudden it dawned on me they are trees. That's why I didn't recognize them, we don't have many of those in South Dakota.

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see any Deer in those photos. I hope you get to hunt more in the next season and have good luck.

Larry

Now you get exactly what my title was all about, yep, there is no deer, hog or coyote in that picture. Oh, some of those things sticking up are cyprus Knees. :mrgreen:

Mike,

As always, the pictures are superb. Good luck on the remainder of your season.

DrMike":3dfekf5r said:
Mike,

As always, the pictures are superb. Good luck on the remainder of your season.

Thank you DrMike, I looks like I will need some luck this year with work, weather and opportunity. :)

Those are some cool pics. Its amayzing to me all the different places a guy can find deer. That is some very different looking country than what I'm used to seeing. Good luck with the second part of the season.

jmad_81":1ygpyq60 said:
Those are some cool pics. Its amayzing to me all the different places a guy can find deer. That is some very different looking country than what I'm used to seeing. Good luck with the second part of the season.

Thanks, it is cool country down here if the rain will hold off and the Pearl river does not rise to flood stag, then the water will stay out of this part of Old River Management area.

Jake stole my post :grin:
I was thinking the same thing - what the heck do you hunt in there and why is it so green? :wink:
That's also the funniest looking tree stand I've ever seen.

Absolutely amazing the different types of cover and terrain. Great pictures!
Hopefully December will be more prosperous for you.

Bullet,

Ya know, come to think of it, it is purty, not unlike our river bottoms in the spring. Then it hit me, you got what you went there for: peace & quiet, solitude, time to reflect, "bullet" time, etc... But you did get it didn't ya? Sure, dump a deer and then ya gotta make all kinds of noise and do some work, kinda spoils those moments in ways....... Sometimes the quiet time is the best time... Thanks for sharing those pix, gave me some time to reflect on whats important.. :wink:

Rod

Great pictures. Just curious, do cyprus trees make good firewood and when it burns does it have an aroma? Don't ask me why that came to mind, but it did. I don't suppose with the temperatures down there a guy needs a fire very often :!: :p

Mike,
There is no white stuff on the ground!

I am with DrMike on this one, where is the snow, the cliffs, the rocks, the deep canyon, the mountains, the ever persent lodgepole pine, whats the chair for?

bullet, All kidding aside those were very nice pictures of some very nice country thanks for sharing them it looks like a special place!!!

6mm Remington":1d1bbm5r said:
Great pictures. Just curious, do cyprus trees make good firewood and when it burns does it have an aroma? Don't ask me why that came to mind, but it did. I don't suppose with the temperatures down there a guy needs a fire very often :!: :p

Cyprus is to expensive for fire wood and it does not make for good fire wood, of course we don't need many fires through the winter.

Elkman":3ob744lu said:
Mike,
There is no white stuff on the ground!

I am with DrMike on this one, where is the snow, the cliffs, the rocks, the deep canyon, the mountains, the ever persent lodgepole pine, whats the chair for?

bullet, All kidding aside those were very nice pictures of some very nice country thanks for sharing them it looks like a special place!!!

Yes, it is a special place indeed for me.

Back