This rifle I will never ever sell......

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Which rifle is that for you?
For me it is this one. Ironically it is the one I use the least but man I adore this gun!

It is like new, Jap made Classicmark II and very accurate. 330gr GS Customs at 3100 fps and less than 3/4" at 100 yards. With a BC of over .500 they just rock!
It willl also shoot 300 X'x at 3150 fps with less than 1/2" groups most of the time. Here she is:

f6bdaaa4.jpg

e84142e5.jpg

e84142cb.jpg

e84142a4.jpg

e841427d.jpg

e8414257.jpg

e8414227.jpg

e84141f3.jpg

e84141b9.jpg

Here is mine.
Remington 700, Action blue printed, Hart #5 24" barrel in 280 AI.
JD700280AI.jpg

She is a shooter too!
280AI.jpg

JD338

Yup..I knew that was your pick Jim!

BTW I can not wait to get my Savage rifle from the Custom shop! :p

Mine would probably be my Remington 700 MTN Guide (poor man's Titanium) in .308 that I used on this year's Goat hunt. It was a dream to pack along because it only weighs 6 1/4 lbs when fully dressed and loaded. It is short enough to strap to the side of my packframe and not have it stick above the frame to get caught on stuff, very accurate, has enough kick for just about anything out there, and is a pleasure too shoot.

DSCF1905.jpg

DSCF1904.jpg

DSCF1903.jpg

I have a couple that I'll never sell. The first one is a P17 enfield rebarreled to 9.3x62. It is in a B&C carbelite stock and has a 2.5x leupold scout scope. It is a great walk around rifle. I shot a moose with it 2 years ago at 280 yards. 2.5x isn't quite the best for long range shooting but I didn't have any trouble placing my shot on the huge kill zone of a moose.

9.jpg

THe next one I'll never sell is a Winchester 70 classic in 375 H&H. I had a lightweight job done to the barrel and action and its in a ultralight kevlar stock. At only 6lbs 4oz with scope off and just over 7lbs with 1.5-5 leupold VxIII. Recoil is fairly brisk off the bench but with a lot of concentration if will shoot very good groups.
brockman2.jpg

375-100-1.jpg

Sweet shooting rifle in God's chosen cartridge! 375 H&H Mag!

Dang Pop - When I pass through Wyoming you won't sell that purty Weatherby to me?

You mean you're giving it to me??? :grin: Cool...

Favorite rifles/no-sell... Hmmm... have a couple that will always remain in the stable, and hopefully be passed on to my sons in time.

Probably the first one I bought: a .243 700 BDL. Right now it is primarily a coyote gun, but also serves as a secondary prairie dog stick and if I could only have one rifle, it could also cover deer. That's why it was the first!

Guy Miner":34jadmd5 said:
Dang Pop - When I pass through Wyoming you won't sell that purty Weatherby to me?

You mean you're giving it to me??? :grin: Cool...

Favorite rifles/no-sell... Hmmm... have a couple that will always remain in the stable, and hopefully be passed on to my sons in time.

NAH!!!!!!!!!

I have told my wife that this rifle is it. No need for anything else. Good thing she is so forgiving of "the itch". I think the Sako's I have now in 280 and 308 are it for life, but . . . never say never.

Long

longwinters":39ex5ywx said:
I have told my wife that this rifle is it. No need for anything else. Good thing she is so forgiving of "the itch". I think the Sako's I have now in 280 and 308 are it for life, but . . . never say never.

Long

When my wife stops buying shoes, I'll stop buying guns.
I think I'm safe for a long time......

JD338

I guess if I got into enough money trouble, I'd start selling guns. But I have been in pretty tough money trouble before, and haven't sold anything yet. I'm a little different than most about buying guns, I guess. I take some time, and don't buy on a whim (even a good deal that I find generally gets an overnight or two to be sure it's the right choice). I suppose the fact that I couldn't buy guns for a long time due to money issues is part of the deal for me. I bought only what I could afford, and what I really needed (that's funny!). Now, I have some disposable income, and can buy a rifle now and again, but I still have that same, "What do I want to do with this rifle?" mentality prior to buying one, so I never buy what I don't know I'll keep. So far, so good, though. I've managed to find a reason to buy all the rifles I could afford so far, and I still kick myself for not having the cash for three or four others over the years. And then there are the numerous guns I would like to own, off used racks all over, that I know I can't justify to the bank or the wife, but at least I don't get attached to them...

GeorgeS":3aw6hg3c said:
'Death Ray'. :wink:

'Son of Death Ray'. 8)

George

I know death ray--we met in Texas!

Son of death ray?-----Who Dat? :?:

Ah! I have seen that one in action! It rocks!

These two I know I will never sell because I might not be able to buy them again.
Bushmaster AR-15 A3 and the AK-47 pistol.
My other rifles I don't think I would sell either but a hunting rifle won't be on the "ban list" soon.
DSC00513.jpg

POP":1c68e4xr said:
God's chosen cartridge! 375 H&H Mag!

Suddenly things make a lot more sense to me.

I have no idea why I didnt understand that by myself. :idea:

Back