Thumblers tumbler

russ808

Handloader
Feb 2, 2008
I got a thumblers tumbler. Its uses water with dawn type soap and lime away for water spots, and stainless steel media. I tumbled some, well a lot of 300 blackout and 223 brass for 3 hours. They came out looking like virgin brass, even the primer pockets were spotless. And the kicker is that inside was also spotless. there was no carbon residue at all. No more dry media stuff for my nosler brass. :)
Russ

I've always heard that this was the king of tumblers. Sounds good.

The ultrasonics do an awesome job of cleaning brass. Inside, outside, primer pockets, all around and they only take only about 30-45 minutes.

Sounds great. Show us some pictures please.

JD338

I saw something like this on a local (to the PNW) board I sometimes frequent. Looks like a cool idea, but there's a pretty fair up-front cost to it. I have a lot of .45 ACP and .38 Special pick-up brass that's pretty grungy and oxidized, this would seem to be the cats meow.

I will get some pictures out when I find the plug for the camera. Thats why I have not posted the Australia Hunt. Its really a rock polisher that has been morphed into a brass polisher. I like it a lot. CK, I like it because I don't have to buy any cleaning solution, just water and Dawn and Limeaway. Having stuff shipped here can get really pricey.
Russ

russ808":2jreti5g said:
I will get some pictures out when I find the plug for the camera. Thats why I have not posted the Australia Hunt. Its really a rock polisher that has been morphed into a brass polisher. I like it a lot. CK, I like it because I don't have to buy any cleaning solution, just water and Dawn and Limeaway. Having stuff shipped here can get really pricey.
Russ

Russ, you have pictures of your OZ hunt AND this awesome tumbler and you aren't posting! I am pretty sure we are going to have to sick the ferocious MODERATORS on you! Just kidding buddy, hope you find your cables, but I will keep the MODS on short leashes... Maybe we should have had Guy pick up the pics while he was traveling through HI! Scotty

Russ,

You're holding out. Now you've created a controversy by not posting pictures.

I've had a thumblers tumbler for a long time (25 years) and I can tell you they work excellent. Ocasionally replace the large O ring that runs the barrel and you will be good to go for a long time. My still runs great.

big rifle man":2ehontkr said:
I've had a thumblers tumbler for a long time (25 years) and I can tell you they work excellent. Ocasionally replace the large O ring that runs the barrel and you will be good to go for a long time. My still runs great.

BRM, do you have a picture to share with us? Sounds like a sweet tumbler? I like the idea of clean primer pockets without media stuck in the flash holes. Scotty

I used to have a Thumblers Tumbler, and I pretty much wore it out. Ended up wasting the o-ring on the barrel about the same time I fried the motor. Not criticizing the product, as I ran it A LOT!

I gotta say I am intrigued by the simple solution used to clean the cases and the reusable media. Seems like a very nice product! Man, I really hate when you guys show me excellent pieces of kit like this!

Plus they advertise with 7WSM cases, so it has to be good, right? :lol: Scotty

beretzs":1k4jfbdz said:

Of course! The only thing better would be to advertise with .300 H&H!

BK":1q9l437q said:
beretzs":1q9l437q said:

Of course! The only thing better would be to advertise with .300 H&H!

Great point Kurt. The 7WSM has kinda been fun to work with. Very fast load work as all were accurate, and the speed just came on as it was supposed to. There were no surprises like the 264 gave me. It is nice to have a quick and fast load work and then start actually shooting the rifle at longer ranges. Scotty

My son is home this weekend, he will help me figure it out so I can post those pictures.
Russ

IMG_0409.jpg
IMG_0408.jpg

Here is photos of the tumbler
Russ

Back