Tikka T3x 300 WSM

truck driver":29q8we29 said:
SWFA does make a nice scope and I almost bought one mainly because of the price of the 6X but I just couldn't wrap myself around the tactical style reticle so I bought this instead.
I'm going to put it on my M77 .338 Wm.

I wish Leupold would combine the Windplex and LRD reticle. The B&C reticle works pretty well,but I like the LRD better. There isn't a good way to hold for wind with the LRD though.

taylorce1":2r3s0y1e said:
truck driver":2r3s0y1e said:
SWFA does make a nice scope and I almost bought one mainly because of the price of the 6X but I just couldn't wrap myself around the tactical style reticle so I bought this instead.
I'm going to put it on my M77 .338 Wm.

I wish Leupold would combine the Windplex and LRD reticle. The B&C reticle works pretty well,but I like the LRD better. There isn't a good way to hold for wind with the LRD though.
I looked at the LRD reticle also and come close to getting one installed by the custom shop but with the free CDS dial offer I figured that I could range the target and adjust for hold so I would be dead on with out hoping I had the right dot for distance and then use the wind plex for leading a moving animal or for holding into the wind.
I'm hoping this takes the guess work out of making longer shots.

Back