Trail Cams

JD338

Range Officer
Staff member
Nov 4, 2004
Anyone using a Game Camera?
I am looking at getting one. Many choices out there to meet your needs.
Flash, IR, Viewing Angle, Trigger speed, Battery Life, etc.......

Here is a good resource.....
http://www.trailcampro.com/

JD338

I have the Stealth Cam indorsed by Jim Shockey. It workes fine but has a very small screen and requires a ton of Size "C" batteries. Batteries wear out in only a few days. I have never used another one so I have a very small data base to rate by, but I think if someone wanted to buy one I would recommend something elss. Again mine is a least 5 years old. :grin:

What about the Cuddeback system Jim. It seems to kind of b the Leupold of game cameras. I know my buddy sends me pictures from his non stop. Takes great pictures, day and night. I know they cost a little more, but I think it is the same as a scope, you get what you pay for. Scotty

I just read the spec's. Looks pretty good. I have never bought a camera, or used one, I guess I spend all my extra money on rifles, bullets, powder and about anything else that fires, so maybe it is time to try one out. Scotty

Trail cams are pretty neat. However, theft of these cameras is so prevalent in this area that I have not been willing to spring for one. Camera lock and cable? Scum cut down the tree. Unfortunately, it is against the law to take care of the matter oneself.

We sell a number of the Bushnell Trophy Cams. All the feedback is positive.

The cuddieback are great cameras. Trail cams are very fun! Its just another addicting part of hunting now. Everytime mine is out I just cant wait to see whats on it. Here is a very interesting pic I got off mine a few years ago.

trailcam08.jpg

That is one mean looking critter! Wouldn't want to tangle with him. Looks a little ornery! Scotty

the wife and i bought a tasco for 100 bucks. it takes great pix and its very addicting. we havent got any pics yet of a big bull elk but will post it when i do.

I'm using a Moultrie trail cam 5.0ir. Nice camera, but the lcd display is going out on it after 2 years. I'll send it in after this year to get fixed. Still works fine though and takes great pics. Uses 6 d-cell batteries, but they last better than 6 mos. and that's taking 200 pics average per week.... :grin: :grin:

Back