Trigger for Ruger #1

bobbyrum

Beginner
Oct 5, 2008
The trigger on my Ruger#1 broke while my gunsmith was working on it. :( Unfortunately I can't import a trigger from the U.S. into Canada. Does anyone (Dr. Mike) know where I might find a new or after market trigger for my Ruger #1 in Canada? Any help much appreciated. :)

Triggers will be available from any gunsmith/gun store (e.g. Prairie Gun Works, Rocky Mountain Rifles ) who are able to import. The restriction is not a restriction imposed by Canada, but a restriction imposed by Homeland Security. It is not that we cannot import, but that the US will not export except through a licensed broker.

Prairie Gun Works is in Winnipeg, so that should be helpful. RMR website is http://rockymountainrifles.com/home.php. This should be relatively easy. I believe RMR may even have triggers on hand.

owenv, my problem is I can't get my gunsmith motivated. I borrowed a trigger from a good friend, used it during the deer season in November & returned the gun to the gunsmith after. It shouldn't be a difficult problem for him, but he's had it since November & when I call him it's "I will be calling my "contact" tomorrow & ordering the trigger. I just figured maybe I might be able to find a trigger & get it in & get the job done but obviously it's not that easy.

Dr. Mike, I stand corrected. You are right. It's an export problem, not an import problem. Thanks for the contact info. I also contacted Western Gun Works but they can't help. I will try the others.

Thanks all for your input. I'll keep trying. :roll:

POP, I'm sorry I forgot you had asked a question; another senior moment. No one in the U.S. can send me one. It's against the law, but I believe they can send it to a gunsmith. Again, the motivation problem. If I could find one in Canada, I don't believe there is any law preventing me from buying one. Sure has become complicated over the years. :?

For all our friends living in the USA, Canada has no problem with us importing bullets, cases, rifle scopes, rifle magazines, rifles, or a host of other shooting related items. However, Homeland Security prohibits this items being sent out of the country. There is no need to ask about such items as primers and/or powder, if such were available. Thus, we who live in Canada are constrained to go through a licensed broker that has been approved by Homeland Security. Even our gunsmiths cannot simply purchase any of these items without securing clearance from Homeland Security.

They are protecting us from the evil Canucks while ignoring the Islamists entering on "student" visas, eh?

jim

CAhunter, those critters are scarce in our area. We lost a couple of good ones, God Bless Em! :cry: Hunter Jim, you got that right. :? Yo, Dr. Mike, we are the hockey capital for sure! :grin: :grin: Go Canada go!!! :grin: :grin:

As I said, it will be a good game. It will be a different game with Luongo in goal. Brodeur is showing his age, and he was possibly contaminated by his many years of playing for New Jersey. :lol:

Finally, I got him motivated. Should have a new Moyer replacement trigger within 2 weeks, Hurray!! :grin: Now me & "Walter" will be able to get reaqainted at the range come April :lol: :lol:

Back