Trijicon Accupoints?

ajvigs

Handloader
Nov 1, 2012
Has anyone given one a go? I am thinking the 3-9 model with the illuminated duplex would fit just right atop my Nosler when the time comes.

An excellent scope. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to you. I do like the Trijicon offerings.

Great scope
I like the green dot / mildot version

My oldest son absconded with mine 2 years ago!

You do not see very many around these parts, but the guys that do have them have advised me that they are top notch. I would not hesitate in picking one up if I needed a scope and one became available..

Blessings,
Dan

The 1-4x24 with illuminated plex has caught my eye. Would make a real nice brush scope for the Marlin I think..

ajvigs":2exfzb5o said:
The 1-4x24 with illuminated plex has caught my eye. Would make a real nice brush scope for the Marlin I think..

Indeed, that would be a very fine scope for your Marlin.

I put a 3-9 mildot on my Model 70 and I love it, I would definitely recommend this for a general purpose rifle, which my 7-08 is. here are some photos I just took.
caveat, I did use a flashlight over the fiber optics so the dot wouldn't wash out against my wall. I have read where some people get argumentative regarding the amber dots on various optics washing out against a white background if shooting from a dim area towards a brighter area but I have never encountered such an occurrence while hunting.
Furthermore I feel the point becomes moot when you throw black intersecting cross-hairs in the mix as you can see from the pictures.
DSC_0068_zps173e93ff.jpg

DSC_0067_zpsa296ec79.jpg

DSC_0066_zps79688fda.jpg

Hope this helps.

Very nice Joe, looks like a great set up. Never used a Trijicon other than the ACOG.

To be honest I hadn't intended to go this route for optics, I kinda felt like Trijicon made great combat optics but I wasn't too comfortable shelling out $700-$800 bucks on a variable zoom scope when in the back of my mind I was gonna be measuring it against the ACOG and RMR. I found this scope new on a great deal for under $600 and my original choices were the Leupold VXIII and Swarovski Z3. I jumped on the deal and have never felt an ounce of regret on this scope.

Great review. Thank you.

Might have to give one a shot on a personal rifle someday.

That is a great reticle, I really like it. Don't ever see any here, I wonder how tough they are. Mountain hunting can be really hard on gear.......

If any of you guys who watch any of the African hunting shows, notice that about 50% of the hunters and some of the PH's who don't use a double rifle, use Trijicon, Accupoint scopes on their .375 H&H and on up in caliber rifles. The other half all use Swaro's or Zeiss scopes. This to me is one of the best advertisements for their scopes, seeing them mounted on DGR's and being used to hunt charging elephant and lion etc.

Gerry,

The Trijicon will stand up to mountain hunts; it is a tough scope that will take a lickin' and keep on tickin'. I'd have a few if I had more access to them.

DrMike":3ao8eklv said:
Gerry,

The Trijicon will stand up to mountain hunts; it is a tough scope that will take a lickin' and keep on tickin'. I'd have a few if I had more access to them.

Mike, how does the glass compare to your other Swaro's and Leica's?

I have not had opportunity to test it at first light or last light, so I'm unable to say definitively. I would think it would compare favourably, however. I have shot several on clients' rifles at the range, and that is the basis for my assessment. In midday light, they are very good glass. On the other hand, that is no real test.

DrMike":3airvz03 said:
I have not had opportunity to test it at first light or last light, so I'm unable to say definitively. I would think it would compare favourably, however. I have shot several on clients' rifles at the range, and that is the basis for my assessment. In midday light, they are very good glass. On the other hand, that is no real test.

Fair enough, if anyone has any extra input, it would be great to hear.

Scotty I can't tell ya about first or last light comparisons on the trijicon's but you will be hard pressed to find anything that will beat a Swarovski as I would be concerned they would let you shoot after legal hunting light ! I tested my Z5 against 3 Leupolds and the Z5 smoked them all for low light ! Leupolds were Mark 4 first down ! VxIII 4.5-14x40 went next then the FX3 6x42 went out only 15 minutes later! I am surprised I have not picked up any trijicon's as all my beretta PX 4's have their night sights on them and I like them a lot! I think that the Trijicon's would stand up better than the leupold's ? But the FX III 6x42 surprised me on going out last!

Could be that the 6mm exit pupil on the FX-III helped that scope a little? Did you test them all at 6mm exit pupil? Just a thought?

Back