Trying to get Hot Cors to Shoot

TackDriver284

Handloader
Feb 13, 2016
Loaded up 15 rounds of 140 Hot Cors for the 6.5 x 284 which shot the ELD-X very well last time I tried it, 5 groups of 3 rounds in .3 increments of H4831SC and Fed201M primers , seating depth is .020" off the lands.
Shot them on paper, and the best group is .800" roughly, not to my liking. I expected better from it, I see a couple of groups with 2 almost in one and one flyer, other groups kind of dispersed. I'm sure the bedding has nothing to do with it, since its a custom built rifle from GA Precision.
Should I seat them deeper in .020" - 030" increments plus one group kissing the lands and see what can pop up? I am not at max velocity yet, its around 2900 fps roughly at the moment since its cloudy and no chronograph was used today. Using virgin brass to fireform.

Yep, seat them deeper a little at a time. You are close. I never shot but two bullets in my 24" 6.5/284 winchester ( back in the 90's, necked down winchester brass and it had the short throat too) the Nolser 120 BT and the 125PT. "Absofreakingboltoflightning!" lol And it was super flat! Have a ball pard!

Yep, seat them deeper a little at a time. You are close. I never shot but two bullets in my 24" 6.5/284 winchester ( back in the 90's, necked down winchester brass and it had the short throat too) the Nolser 120 BT and the 125PT. "Absofreakingboltoflightning!" lol And it was super flat! Have a ball pard!
I'll try that, and see if that works. Thanks

Back