Two or Three pointers

Thankful Otter":qtwyz755 said:
35 Whelen":qtwyz755 said:
Sounds like you guys got it covered, except for one thing.
Before you pull that trigger, don't forget the Indians Prayer
"Brother for I am sorry, you must die"
E

Earle, is correct, We do, in fact, pray to the spirits of the animal we are about to harvest. In fact, it is part of the "teaching" of a young future hunter.

I tried to give a larger picture yesterday, but was shot down, so will not bother you men any further, but wanted to let others know that Earle is correct, at least in this part of the world.

We need a no haters forum where Cheyenne can say her mind.

I appreciate her perspective. I doubt I could find a comparable perspective in Mid Michigan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the police biz its 1. know your people 2. know what they do 3. know when they do it. It is the same in the great outdoors for the animals your hunting.

It is about small deer! Here is one right here!IMG_2329.JPG
It has two or three pointers on it ! :lol:

Thankful Otter":gpgxwl5x said:
35 Whelen":gpgxwl5x said:
E

Earle, is correct, We do, in fact, pray to the spirits of the animal we are about to harvest. In fact, it is part of the "teaching" of a young future hunter.

I tried to give a larger picture yesterday, but was shot down, so will not bother you men any further, but wanted to let others know that Earle is correct, at least in this part of the world.
Don't worry about bothering us men ,us men understand (or should understand) that different cultures have different ways of showing respect for their prey and it's importance in the circle . My ansestors put an evergreen spring in their mouths as I do to this day, the lower primates jumped up and down and shreaked and hollered in triumph as their decendents do to this day , no matter the manner we should give thanks and tribute to our quarry .

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Of course Earle ( and cheyenne ) are correct.

I witnessed this when we hunted the Northwest Territories, Canada years ago and also on the reservations in Arizona.

We watched in Australia as our guides not only said "sorry" but left tobacco on the ground as an offering to mother nature. The rituals in Africa are as varied as there are countries on that continent, and Germany is the country that started the smearing of the dead animals blood on the young hunters face, which found its way to the U.S.

ozarkpugs has referenced another one that I have witnessed

Mark, the dumb Indian thing is so off its mark, as I would say with the exception of a few here like Earle, Salmonchaser, Hodgeman, Gil, and OTHERS I am sure, she can and could hold her own in the field/mountains/ice. I did not have the opportunity to read her first post but I was one who suggested she give Guy her perspective, which I now regret.

Respect the folks you hunt with and try and make every outing with friends or family a special one. We each will only be blessed with a certain amount of times together like that. Treat your fellow hunters with kindness. That includes folks and women who we are lucky to have on our forum like Cheyenne and April. To the folks who like to hide behind your keyboard you are nothing but cowards and need to go someplace else! You aren't welcome here!

David

My advice to a new hunter would be learn to be a hunter not a killer :wink: as hunting is so much more than taking game.

Blessings,
Dan

1. Grandpa used to say, "well we had us an outing anyway....didn't we!?!! (do it for fun- see what else is out there)
2. You cant take the bullet back - never shoot up hill.- made squirrel hunting tough :) (Know your back stop)
3. Don't shoot at the animal- shoot at a spot on the animal.

had to do a second post- or I was over the limit :)

Seriously- this one has taken me to long to learn- sometimes to my shame and regret-

Follow up every shot- or be with some one who can and will, and preferably knows how. If you are a new hunter- (scratch that, ANY hunter) and you take shot but cant find your game, go into town and find the old veteran, or the guy with the big ego or whatever help you need to look for that game animal or find out what happened. You might make a friend.... most folks who hunt have "been there" and are willing to help.

They generally dont just "fall down" when the gun goes off. Even when you make a perfect shot. CL

Thankful Otter":3ov4gp0w said:
35 Whelen":3ov4gp0w said:
E

I tried to give a larger picture yesterday but was shot down, so will not bother you, men, any further, but wanted to let others know that Earle is correct, at least in this part of the world.

Who shot you down and why?????

There seems to be a lot of hurt feelings and redaction of posts around here lately. Tough to know what really happened, or what was so “offensive” to begin with... when posts are deleted/edited... good and bad.

I don’t see anything on this thread that’s remotely combative.... but again, a lot of stuff gets removed. If you feel the need to remove what you said.... then you shouldn’t have said it in the first place.

If you’re so married to your feelings and beliefs, that you’re offended when someone disagrees.... then an Internet forum probably isn’t a good place for you to be expressing those feelings/beliefs.

Songdog":14s25wyp said:
There seems to be a lot of hurt feelings and redaction of posts around here lately. Tough to know what really happened, or what was so “offensive” to begin with... when posts are deleted/edited... good and bad.

I don’t see anything on this thread that’s remotely combative.... but again, a lot of stuff gets removed. If you feel the need to remove what you said.... then you shouldn’t have said it in the first place.

If you’re so married to your feelings and beliefs, that you’re offended when someone disagrees.... then an Internet forum probably isn’t a good place for you to be expressing those feelings/beliefs.

I probably should say nothing here and will in fact out of respect for Cheyenne, Jamila, Aleena, Brooke, and April, keep my post simple. You dont see anything on the open forum, as way back when the women haters out there had the guts to attack on the open forum, and they did, Fotis would ban them.

Cheyenne did not say anything combative at all. Her sin is she is a female, an Indian, is allowed to substance hunt, traps.and therefore has been attacked both on and off the forum, just like other women that like to hunt have been. Recently, a woman who likes to hunt ( not on this forum ) had to move as her and her children were being threatened with bodily harm. This was recently discussed on the forum.

Some here know even more about all this than I, but what I know is downright sad.

Back