Valdada Scopes

I've never heard of them, which doesn't mean much. Their prices would indicate premium quality (http://www.valdada.com/scopes). They do need someone to write their text as the grammar leaves something to be desired. It appears they have collaborated with Carl Zeiss-Jena, which fits with the Romanian manufacturing. They claim to currently be co-operating with Leica and Leitz, which is chopping in pretty high cotton (http://www.valdada.com/ior-valdada-history).

I'm thinking the same Mike. The reviews are very good. I like the like of their 30mm tubed 6x with a #4 reticle. Seem like a good scope for bucks considering their lineage and who they are aligning themselves with.

That chopping in high cotton made me laugh. Might need to go fire up some Alabama on ITunes.

Scotty,

I have the 3X18X42 Tactical with MP-8 Reticle. This is the third replacement scope the IOR sent me. Made a mistake in mounting the first 2 in my 338 Lapua Ackley. Both scope lasted 60 rounds. Can't take the recoil of the 338. I love the glass however so it ended up in my 308. Not sure about their line of hunting scope though. If they use the same glass as their tactical, then it should be good.

Gotcha, thanks DF. Great info. Are they a new company? It seems like their warranty service is pretty decent, or has been for you. Is that a true statement sir?

Scotty,

It looks as if marketing is relatively new, though the manufacturing and assembly appears to have quite a history, first behind the old Iron Curtain and then finding the legs in a brave new world after the fall of the Soviet Empire.

After you pick one up, I know we'll get a reliable review. :grin: Were they commonly available here in Canada, I'd likely try one, just 'cause.

DrMike":29sjoeul said:
After you pick one up, I know we'll get a reliable review. :grin: Were they commonly available here in Canada, I'd likely try one, just 'cause.

That's sorta my thought. Not looking to buy another scope, but I gotta say, I would give a 6X 30mm tubed #4 reticle a try... Seems like it would be a great combo.

The one I looked at did not look that great, had made in Bosnia - Herzegovina on it but milling on it just did not look all that great? IOR VALDADA they do use Schott Glass but not sure if they all have it or not? Thing looked like a poorly built tank ?

Meopta has the best glad for the money hands down.
They lack a little I some features like really nice turrets but the glass on even their cheaper 1" Meopro line is damned close to S&B, etc..

ccoker":2kpwx3n4 said:
Meopta has the best glad for the money hands down.
They lack a little I some features like really nice turrets but the glass on even their cheaper 1" Meopro line is damned close to S&B, etc..

How would you compare it to a Zeiss? I am running nothing but Zeiss, but sometimes get the itch to try something new.

Meopta is certainly comparable to the Conquest line; it is very good glass.

I have an IOR Valdada 6x42 Tactical (may be discontinued now) with the MP8 reticle

DSCN1662.jpg

DSCN1860.jpg

DSCN1862.jpg

It has covered caps with target turrets and the MP-8

DSCN1665.jpg

3-18_10XSmall_zps6d1c4786.jpg

The Tactical version I have is long and heavy (built like a tank) but the hunting version you are looking at is lighter

But I can talk about the glass quality and I would put it on a par with my Zeiss Conquests but not up to upper tier like my Kahles. Like the Conquests, it has excellent clarity and contrast but not as bright as upper tier scopes.

For the money is should be an excellent scope with very good glass

Back