Verified the 120 TTSX with RL16 today in 6.5 CM.

Same here with the range limit I mentioned. I called Barnes and the said the minimal expansion was
1900fps which would occur at about 550. So if she limits her shots to 300-400 max the expansion should be there. I plan on her practicing out to 600 to gain confidence.

Took this load out to 350 yards today. First time ever shooting that far. Was trying out a new custom turrent and was happy seems to match up perfect. I learned one thing! I need to practice on the fundamentals. Really so much difference between 100 and 350 yards lol. Used 8" shoot n c targets to roughly mimic the size of a whitetail vitals. And definitely need to focus on my breathing too. I'm gonna go back a few times this next week and just shoot groups at 350 to work on the basics. Need to fix me up a portable shooting bench though, the rickety old picnic table I used today was not very stable. Have much respect for you guys that shoot really long range!.
d49ceb6c01dc2fa761d935bad178d33a.jpg
326c4c371158870fbb67f4669e0d9843.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not bad at all . your elevation looks to be about perfect . the longer distances you shoot , the more solid the rifle needs to be . be careful doing this , the long range bug will bite you . shooting far is addicting .

Thanks gonna be trying it again tm. Think I'm gonna shoot from the bed of the truck this time instead of the picnic table. It was really fun and I enjoyed it, but it was very evident I need a lot more practice lol. Pretty much gonna have to take my time on the fundamentals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back