Vortex Diamondback

rjm158

Handloader
Oct 15, 2009
I've read several favorable reviews of the Vortex scopes on this forum but not the Diamondback series specifically.

A guy I know offered to trade me a used Diamondback 4-12x40 with the rangefinding reticle for a used Tasco World Class 3-9x40. I didn't know much about the Diamondbacks but, based on the good Viper reviews, figured I'd take a chance on the deal so I traded. I didn't have time to look on the 'net for information so I was flying blind.

Anyone use or have opinions on the Diamondback? Was this an OK trade or did I just break even?

Thanks, Ron

I think you got a good deal.
My Buddy put a Diamondback on his Winchester 300WSM and it looks like a nice scope.

Randy

Ron,

You're the winner on this deal. You pulled off a great trade.

crash0ride,

What did you not like about the Diamondback? What is it about the Fullfield that you like better?

I have the 4-12 diamonmd back on my 243 Rem M7 varmit rifle- very good & clear ! And if i fall on it and bend it - break it or what ever it it will repaired or replaced at no charge ! Very good for a $200.00 scope and much better optics then that tasco - i have one of those too and so i have compared it on the same rifle !

Back