Vortex scopes?

matthewusmc8791":19jt4bt4 said:
Vortex..
If you plan on shooting over 500yds, you need elevation!!

The only Vortex with lots elevation is the RAZOR HD... its bad ass...

Also there is Nightforce out there too..

But remember, you not going to get a quality scope pay $500..
I bought a Nightforce for the 100moa in it.
Now my winnie can get out past 2100yds.

ohray
I don't know....I have a 4-16 PST that with a 20 MOA base on my 338 Lapua I still have 70MOA of vertical adjustment from my 100 yard zero. That gets me out to about a mile, which is plenty far for what I do with it.... And for the price difference from a Razor HD or a Nightforce, I can buy 3 of them! Don't get me wrong, I would love to own either of those scopes but I can't justify the cost when this scope has basically the same features at a third of the cost and no one is shooting back to test if my scope will continue to work with a bullet hole in it. :wink:

I did test my Vortex PST against the VX7. The PST is a 1-4X24, and the VX7 is a 1-6X24. At mid-day, the scopes are indistinguishable in terms of clarity and resolution. At the same power, they have approximately the same field of view. There is no significant flare with either. I love this VX7 (mounted on a Model 94, .356), but I am forced to admit that for a lot less money, the Vortex Viper PST gives it a good run for the money.

I'd be curious to see what would happen if you tried the test at dawn or dusk. Just a WAG, but I bet the Leupold would start to pull away.

Kurt, I believe your supposition is correct. Unfortunately, I arrived mid-morning due to other incidents unreported. I did feel that I could test for resolution by looking at the USAF 1951 test sheet, and I could test for flare. I will be digging out the scopes for an early morning test in the spring. My previous tests with Kahles, Swarovski and Zeiss tested against B&L and Leupold VX3 were convincing. I have no reason to believe this one would be different. That is why we pay the extra moneys, to get the coatings and to have the assurance of improved transmission. Still, for the average shooter, there is little need to drop the coin for high-end glass. On the other hand, since well over 50% of my game comes at first light or last light, I want to extend my shooting all that I can.

338winmag":1ann6z7b said:
Hey Wapiti Slayer .270 !

What an experience to relate to all of us. I am very happy you did not loose out of pocket on an issue that was not at all your fault. I shop at the Sportsman's here in the Springs. I can't say I have ever had to test the CS yet. The hunting department guys here are pretty knowledgeable and courteous. I would hope that I don't run into a very serious situation like you did. Money is hard earned these days and to take a loss becuase of a store error .... that would test my sunny good nature..

Just before your story, I was back looking for a scope on a new Vanguard. What sold me was my past experience. So .... I bought another Vortex Viper HS 4-16x50mm. I am happy. Now that I read your post, I feel very secure on any future issues will be taken care of by Vortex.

338winmag
338winmag,

I can say without a doubt that Vortex CS is one of the best! Every company has hiccups with products but its how they deal with that tells me much. Sorry you had some issues but I believe Vortex will more than make it right!

BTW, The issue I had with SW is with their Optics Manager. He never told the Store Manager anything until I lost my patience and told him myself. By then it was too late as Vortex had stepped in.

Back