VX6 1-6 ???

tjen

Handloader
Apr 25, 2007
This has my attention any reviews yet? There seems to be exceptional FOV on these scopes. This would go on my 358win. And the other rifle I would like to up grade is my 270win it still wears a VXII 2-7x33mm which at 7X is an actual 6.6X. I was thinking of just a VX3 2.5-8x36mm but a sharper image and a tade increase in magnificate.

Choices maybe one this fall and one next spring. Things you have to wait for always seem to be more apreciated.

I do have two of the VX7 1-6X24 scopes mounted on Model 94s (.356 and .307). They are excellent scopes. I assume there weren't many changes for the VX6 in that particular configuration.

I'm a little curious myself. I'm starting to think one of these scopes would be perfect for my Rigby...

Just something to consider. I was quite interested as well in the VX-6 1-6 power until I really read the latest Leupold catalog.

On page 100 of the catalog it states: " VX-6 Riflescopes can not be mounted with LOW rings. The power selector knobs will not clear the base, and the bolt may contact the eyepiece."

Pretty clever engineering from a company like Leupold, right? So much for synergy and their Quantum optical system.

Do not get me wrong, I am a huge Leupold fan, but they dropped the ball on this one.

RF

Good point.
I like med height rings so I thnk I would be ok.

JD338

How is the height measure? Is a low one inch tube have the same center higth as a medium 30mm tube? Or is it base to OD at the low point?

I guess I am confused I have super low std rings / bases and a VXII power ring clears, Low std rings with VXII & VX3 and they clear, and low talley rings/bases with VX3 4.5-14 whic has a 30mm tube and they all clear.

Why would the VX6 power ring be too thick or any different than the VX3 scopes?

Page 108 of my Leupy catalog.

e2390979.jpg

I have both of these scopes
The 1-6 multigun version I run for 3 gun on my 556 and will probably run it some on my 6.8 for hog hunting
I have tested in low to no light against my S&B 1.5-6x42 and was pleasantly surprised at how well it compared

The 2-12 has the illuminated LR Reticle and is on my Nosler 280AI
I have compared it to a Zeiss Victory FL 4-16x50 in low to no light

Again, pleasantly surprised

The firedot Reticle works great
Just a small center dot that can be set bright enough to be seen in bright Texas sun or dim enough to be just visible in very, very dim light.

They really stepped up their game with the glass and lens coatings as well as a perfectly executed illumination system.

Back