Warne bases/rings - Alaskan Guide - TGR 7mm08

bullet

Handloader
Dec 26, 2007
Put my 3-10x40mm EXT Alaskan Guide mounted with Warne bases and rings on my TGR M48 7mm08

file_zpsf0529691.jpg

file_zpsc0fcecb7.jpg

file_zps68afa0cd.jpg

file_zps998ee826.jpg

file_zpsd8e5e124.jpg

Just installed a set of medium height Warne rings & bases on my 700VS-223. Warne rings & mounts are nicely made and rock solid. BT

Attachments

• 223-02.jpg
    223-02.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 1,163
Yes they are and when it comes to push and shove they are what I always go back to. On the Weatherby rifles I owned they all ended up with the Warne bases and rings just like the ones we have mounted.

Went out with my rifle this evening to see how well my scope did in the ambient light which is the combination of light reflections from various surfaces to produce a uniform illumination and is the last bright moment after sunset which was at 7:37pm this evening. I picked out a pine tree 130yds away and a gray AT&T gray cable box with stickers up the one side facing me. At 7:51 I was still seeing the writing on the stickers and the individual pieces of bark on the pine tree and these two objects are not out in the open but have a tree line just 10yds behind them and I am looking west into the setting light. At 8:00 pm I can still seeing the stickers but not the the writing on the gray box and at 8:05 still seeing the individual pieces of bark on the pine tree. All in all not bad for looking through my scope on max 10x. This scope will let me hunt in low light up to the legal limit just fine. Can't wait for next deer season.

Warne is a great ring and base maker. One of the primary builders I look to for that equipment. I have quite a few pair's of Warne these days, looking at my safe.

Warne indicates on their web site that optics can be removed and replaced with essentially no change in point of impact when using their quick-release mounts (or, I suppose their tactical mounts). Though I'd likely never need it, this feature would make it possible to take two scopes with you on hunts. This might provide a degree of insurance for those traveling to AK or some other distant location, where a fall and a damaged scope would ruin a costly hunt. Or, you could take a long range scope for caribou out on the open tundra and a short range scope for moose or bear in the brushy river bottoms.

Bullet - Where'd you get that 3-10x40mm EXT Alaskan Guide scope? Are the horizontal hash marks calibrated for holdover?

BeeTee":23bi5uyk said:
Warne indicates on their web site that optics can be removed and replaced with essentially no change in point of impact when using their quick-release mounts (or, I suppose their tactical mounts). Though I'd likely never need it, this feature would make it possible to take two scopes with you on hunts. This might provide a degree of insurance for those traveling to AK or some other distant location, where a fall and a damaged scope would ruin a costly hunt. Or, you could take a long range scope for caribou out on the open tundra and a short range scope for moose or bear in the brushy river bottoms.

Bullet - Where'd you get that 3-10x40mm EXT Alaskan Guide scope? Are the horizontal hash marks calibrated for holdover?

I bought it at Cabela's it is Cabela's Alaskan Guide scope and yes the marks are calibrated for holdover, either with a zero of 100 or 200yds depending on cartridge, load and bullet you are using.

Back