Went to Sportsmen's Warehouse today.

I was told once a long time ago that you make money when you're buying, not when you're selling. I guess that sticks in my head and along with some other reasons is why it's hard for me to pass up on deals.

For example last yr Midway had a sale on .224 Hornady 55 gr V-max bullets for $13.50 per box, and free shipping over $49. They had 16 boxes available at that price when I seen it, I bought all 16. Be a long time until I go through 1,600 bullets out of 1 gun, but I have them, or I can sell some.

Another guy had 16 boxes of factory 35 Remington 200 grain Remington Cor Lokts for $15.18 per box including the shipping. I almost can't buy the components for that, I bought them all. They're double that and more sitting on the shelves of local gun stores.

So all weapons and components combined I guess I'm in the same boat as some others. I can keep right on shooting regardless. In times like these I'm glad I buy good deals when I see them.

ShadeTree":2tb5u7jy said:
I was told once a long time ago that you make money when you're buying, not when you're selling. I guess that sticks in my head and along with some other reasons is why it's hard for me to pass up on deals.

For example last yr Midway had a sale on .224 Hornady 55 gr V-max bullets for $13.50 per box, and free shipping over $49. They had 16 boxes available at that price when I seen it, I bought all 16. Be a long time until I go through 1,600 bullets out of 1 gun, but I have them, or I can sell some.

Another guy had 16 boxes of factory 35 Remington 200 grain Remington Cor Lokts for $15.18 per box including the shipping. I almost can't buy the components for that, I bought them all. They're double that and more sitting on the shelves of local gun stores.

So all weapons and components combined I guess I'm in the same boat as some others. I can keep right on shooting regardless. In times like these I'm glad I buy good deals when I see them.

Ha! I am a sucker for a deal, this summer when there was talk Wallyworld was going to stop selling handgun ammo, i started stopping in on my lunch break some days there was stock others no, but i was picking up 9mm for around $16/100. Only picked up a box or 2 at a time but i have pleanty on my shelf, if I had to im sure i could double my money, but for now i just enjoy having the ammo on hand to go and shoot when ever i want

Slimfinn":16u2kdql said:
ShadeTree":16u2kdql said:

Ha! I am a sucker for a deal, this summer when there was talk Wallyworld was going to stop selling handgun ammo, i started stopping in on my lunch break some days there was stock others no, but i was picking up 9mm for around $16/100. Only picked up a box or 2 at a time but i have pleanty on my shelf, if I had to im sure i could double my money, but for now i just enjoy having the ammo on hand to go and shoot when ever i want

Yep, you done good. There again you almost can't buy the components for that, not even counting the brass. Good job looking out ahead.

Back