What 25 caliber (.257) cartridges do you own or want to own?

I have a 257R pistol and a rifle. The pistol is a 16" Encore and the rifle is a Ruger Tang safety M77 with a Douglas Premium SS barrel, Timney trigger and B&C Stock. My daughter laid claim to it when she was about 9 years old. I nee to find another one for me again.
I also have a 25-06 Rugger Tang Safety M77 with a Timney trigger and free floated original stock. I had a Weatherby Vanguard until it blew up in 257W. I now have a MKV 257W.

Attachments

• pig.jpg
    pig.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    545 KB · Views: 7
Some nice looking rifles here. Mine is a Remington 700 CDL 25.06. I've been using a 25.06 for about 35yrs and it is no doubt my favorite caliber.
Good looking rifle! And yes, the 25-06 is a terrific hunting cartridge. Low recoil, flat trajectory, accurate, and lethal as all get out on deer. :)

Guy

One I might like to have. A good ol'e 25-06. Maybe a really glossy beat up old Browning A-bolt. (Can you tell I let one get away?) The only Wildcat I'm interested in would be a 25WSM. What Winchester should have built. I believe its out there but cant remember what they call it. "25 Westerner" maybe? A 250 Ackley would round out the stable. I threaten to re-chamber "aggie" to to a Roberts and sell her when I get frustrated with her. An "XP" in 250 Sav. would let me use a rifle round in southern MN for deer..... CL

Hmm.... seems to me like there might be some interest in more options for .25 cal bullets. C'mon Nosler!!! An 85, 87, or 90 gr. Or just get some on the shelf again... CL

Tw Ruger #1s, both B models in 25-06. One looked a tad rough like maybe run hard and put away wet. The other like new with gorgeous wood. The run hard is very accurate and the petty gun, at least so far doesn't group worth a damn. Also two .257 Roberts, a Ruger #1B and a Winchester M70 Featherweight. The #1 appears to be very accurate and the M70 so far has not impressed me. Gives me something to work on.
Paul B.

Back