What a bunch of hunters!

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Incredible. I had a little time on my hands this morning and treated myself to a cup of coffee while I sat down and scrolled through all 26 pages of our 2011 hunt photos...

Amazing stuff - and explains why I like this site so much. Old hunters, young hunters, somewhere in between hunters. Guys with huge trophy kills, guys with does and young bucks. Some serious hunters, others who seem to grin and laugh their way through life and take what comes or doesn't come during season just fine. It's just terrific guys, and part of what makes this web site so special. Family guys. A surprising number of women afield. JD338, look out - my oldest son happened by while I had the photo of your dark-haired daughter on screen. He mumbled something about doing more hunting and making a road trip to Michigan... :grin:

Here's a list of game I saw posted:
coyote
coati
javelina
bobcat
turkey
sika
black bear
grizzly (on another thread)
caribou
moose
musk ox!
dall sheep
pronghorn
whitetail
mule deer
elk
hog
rabbit
geese & ducks
Africa: impala, blesbuck & warthog

I likely missed some stuff - and if it wasn't on the 2011 hunting photo thread, I may not have come across it. Seems like Maddog made a trip to Africa and brought down elephant and cape buff last year as well.

Good grief - what an incredibly wide range of experience. What I really enjoyed - is that guys can happily post their does and dinks (like mine) here without ridicule. Hunting is hunting. Sometimes we take big wall-hangers, sometimes we just fill the freezer. Good stuff guys and gals. I'm looking forward to seeing what all 2012 brings to the Nosler forum.

Best of luck this year Hunters!

Guy

Amen, brother! I love this place, for all the reasons you listed, and then some. I have no doubt that I could break down on the side of the road and look up the local phone number of any of numerous folks on this board, and have a hot cup of coffee and help with my troubles double quick. Good folks here, for sure!

Dubyam,

You're welcome to break down in Dawson Creek anytime. :shock: You too, Guy. Seriously, it is a great group of people that hang out here. Without doubt, they would each prove to be a friend in need.

This is a wonderful website, full of courteous and experienced hunters and shooters. I guess Nosler's old slogan: "Bullets for Sportsmen"... was more of a mission statement than a motto.

I truly appreciate all the pictures and stories of parents hunting with children... Guy, DrMike, Scotty, Pop, and so many more. I thank you for sharing a little of your families with each of us... it brightens my day, and encourages us all to "pass it on". Every time I read one of those accounts of a day afield with a young'un, I pine for the day my boys will accompany me chasing bugling elk with a sharp stick... or sitting on a ridge at daybreak glassing muleys (or coyotes). Keep them coming Dads (and Moms, Uncles, Boy Scout leaders, whatever)... I think we all love reading about hunts with kids.

Yeah, this is a great place! I've met a bunch of folks out on the road, hunted with a few of you and had supper with a few others. It's really neat to be able to speak with you all when/if you need help.

Back