WHAT ACCUBOND SHOULD BE NEXT?

Unfortunately, I think a big miss out for the AccuBond is not having a .264" bullet.

I do not understand why such a fine caliber as the 6,5 mm., very common in Europe is so snobbed on the US market.

I think something in the 115-120 grains range would have tremendous success.

Calibers such as 6.5-284 - 6.5x55 - 6.5x57 (R) just to mention a few.

Pleeeeeease

Cheers

CamoWildcat":ad0m1ocz said:
270 Win,
You would have a very stubby bullet with a low BC. It wouldn't be that awesome. Sorry.
Well, it sure would be more awesome than Sierra's 90 gr "flying ashtray" hollow point. And either a Ballistic Tip or AccuBond lightweight .277 bullet would offer a better ballistic coefficient and more length than Speer's TNT or 100 gr Hollow Point. I would prefer a Nosler product over Hornady's V-Max. And IMO, a 100 gr .277 Nosler Ballistic Tip at 3600 fps out the muzzle of a .270WSM would be pretty awesome. (estimated velocity based on what the 90 gr TNT can be pushed over my chronograph)

anything in a 9.3 ...235's 250's 270's and 300's, even something lighter in a 200/210 gr range maybe for white tails. Something to compete with the 35 Whelen's crowd in 180/200 gr'ers at 2600-2800 fps out of a CZ's 23.6" barrel.
Lots of interest growing in 9.3's since CZ started shipping reasonably priced decent quality guns and since Ma Nature will fill a vacuum some company is going to reap the reward of becoming the go to product in a non premium bullet. The "other" major American brand non premium 270 gr bullet has a terrible reputation for shedding it's core. so the market is wide open.
I'd also like to see a Flat Base standard soft pointed spitzer shape as well.

2ndtimer":2zowdten said:
CamoWildcat":2zowdten said:
270 Win,
You would have a very stubby bullet with a low BC. It wouldn't be that awesome. Sorry.
Well, it sure would be more awesome than Sierra's 90 gr "flying ashtray" hollow point.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nosler,

What about a 338 cal 250 gr AB for the Long Range crowd.

JD338

I have to agree. The big 338's are coming on strong. We really need a 250 grain AccuBond. After that some 275 and 300 grainers with really high BC would have a steady following. I'm sure Weatherby would load their 338-378Wby factory ammo with 250 Accubonds if they could get them.

I echo what the last 3 guys said. The long range crowd need a 338 250 grain AccuBond in the worst way. The 225 is good, but a 250 is better. Especially if you could get the bc up into the .6 area. I believe it would not require a faster twist than 10" to stabilize.

I know I'd buy a bunch and so would lots of other long range hunters.

:roll: Well of course it should be a 250 grain 338 cal.

Really! Think about the reach out and touch factor. Its gotta be good.

264 cal 130 gr AccuBond for the 260 Rem as first choice as a Deer and Elk load. This is the most ideal weight for the 6.5 (264) caliber. This will make a very good long range bullet that hits hard and retains weight.

264 cal 120 gr AccuBond as a second choice

The 140 Partition fills the Heavy weight for the 6.5 caliber. Moose,bear etc.
The 125 Partition fills the Light weight for the 6.5 caliber.

Back