WHAT ACCUBOND SHOULD BE NEXT?

Now your talking! A 120 grain .284 built real tough for use up to 3500-3600 feet per second would be hot for deer and antelope. I would use them in a 7 Mag.

I think a .257" in 90 and 100 grain also built for speeds as high as 4000 feet per second would sell real well. I have a 25-06AI that shoots 100 gr Partitions at 3550 but would like to use Accubonds in a long barreled 257 Weatherby on up to 4000 feet per second. The current 100 gr Balistic tip acts like super explosives when you turn up the heat on them.

I know you have heard it a million times but I sure would like to see a plastic tip available on all the Partitions. My bullet tips really take a beating in the magazine box and the noses get tweeked a little feeding from the magazine. The plastic tip would cure all that and certainly give them a higher BC. I doubt you will ever do it though as soon you would be the only bullet manufacturer left and might get into trouble for having the monopoly on bullet manufacturing.

One other dream bullet would be a 75 grain B Tip to compete with the very popular 75 gr V-Max. I have had bad luck with inconsistant performance on varmints with the 85 gr B-Tip. I also can't get them up to the 3950 fps that I can with the V-Max.

I'd like to see a nice 120/125 grain AccuBond in 6.5 mm. My "main" gun is a 260 remington, and this'd be just the ticket for our local whitetail population.

SBB

I'd like to see a .423 caliber Nosler for my 404 Jeffery.

I have been using Nosler Partition bullets since the late 1950s. In all that time I have never had a terminal ballistics failure of a Nosler Partition.

I am now loading some Accubonds for my .375 H&H after hearing good reports from hunters returning from African plains game hunts.

Just one more wish, I own a .408 caliber, 450/400 3 inch double rifle.
My reloading life would be complete if Nosler made a Partition in that caliber.

One more vote from the quarterbore crowd, and a big THANK YOU for the 25/110 mentioned above. I will definitely keep an eye out, and really look forward to loading these up.

Nosler,

Why a 110 rather than say 100 grain? What is the BC of the new 110?

It just might become THEE bullet for the big 257's.

Nosler, I'm a little confused, will it be a 100 grain in the 25 or 110?

Also, do you have BC's for the other new offerings of AB's?

Since the advent of the new 325 WSM. I'll have to add one more to the list. btw, (I think this is great to be able to do this, it takes a secure company of people to have an open door to the public.)

a 175 AB in .323 This would be a great cross-over bullet, light in recoil, flat shooting and able to take both deer and elk if need be.

I would like to see a 30 cal 150gr and/or 165gr AB. I can see either one of those being really nice for my 308 and 300saum.

Another 6.5 vote in the 120-125 range. A 120-130 in 270. While we have the wish list going how about a 41 cal Partition handgun bullet in the 210-230 grain range. :grin:

I've used the 95gr .243 Partition for years and am satisfied with the accuracy, but I'd like the bullets to hang together better. Every base lead core has seperated from jacket material, so I'd like to see a 90 - 95gr .243 AccuBond.

Assuming you're shooting them pointy end first how fast are you shooting them?

To separate a rear core takes a lot of speed into very heavy bone and muscle.

You assumed correctly on a couple counts. They are coming out pointy end first, bones have been hit in most cases, but the muzzle velocity only averages 3036 fps (17 fps SD) out of the 20" Hart barrel. Additionally, all shots were taken from 25 to 100 yards.

Back