WHAT ACCUBOND SHOULD BE NEXT?

I knew that it was..... Really I did...Too many concussions I guess...
I certainly know what embarrasement feels like on line now... :oops:
Rodeo

Rodeo,

Its OK, you are amoung friends. :wink:

Regards,

JD338

Nosler,
I have been using 160 gr Partitions and like them very well for mule deer and elk. I am thinking about using the AccuBond but I don't really understand the difference between the two in real life hunting. Can you help clear up my lack of knowledge with a clear explaination of the good, bad and difference between the two bullets for my useage? Thanks.

A 300 grain .458 would be dandy in my single shot NEF...the partitions are awsome...but pricey...and these should be just the ticket...

Mac

sky":3gy9awyh said:
Nosler,
I have been using 160 gr Partitions and like them very well for mule deer and elk. I am thinking about using the AccuBond but I don't really understand the difference between the two in real life hunting. Can you help clear up my lack of knowledge with a clear explaination of the good, bad and difference between the two bullets for my useage? Thanks.

Think Ballistic Tip ballistic coefficient and accuracy, combined with Partition penetration and "hold togetherness". Should be the best of both worlds, no mashed noses in magazines thanks to the polycarbonate tip, yet bullet holds together providing great penetration and good wound channel due to core being elctrochemically bonded to the jacket. They have been awesomely accurate in my .270WSM and also offer an incredible ballistic coefficient for long range shooting.

Still hoping for the .416 350gr. My new all purpose elk round. With the kind of B/C the accubonds have it will do everything I need except for extreem range (beyond 400 yds) and my .375RUM with the 260 gr. A/Bs will continue to fill that need. :wink:

Back