what credit card ?

I don't own a single credit card. Not one!
It's not always that the banks have an agenda like jimbires experienced and they truly are looking out for their customers. Others have noted the same. Keep those places close. Sorry I went off road just a bit, but it is part of the credit card/bank card experience.
David
David,

Apologies for abbreviating your original post, but these are the two points I wanted to touch on.

First, I am 100% on board with not having a credit card. I have one for travel only, not for purchases. I do this because often places will place a hold-charge on the account when you make an authorization. So, let's say you're driving cross-country and you stop for gas. The gas station may add an additional $1-300 as a 'hold' on top of whatever you spent for gas. Those funds become unavailable to you for a period of time (I've typically seen about 5 days), and if assessed against your bank account, you could find yourself out of money fast. That said, if I could get rid of it, I would.

Second, I've had my bank card data stolen a couple of times, and more frequently than that, simply had the bank shut off my card because they think I'm making suspicious purchases. As nice as it would be to think the bank is looking out for me, I know they're really just looking out for them, since they're on the hook. So, as long as mine and the bank's financial interests align, they are looking out for me. The moment that changes, however -

Didn't I read or hear somewhere recently that Visa and MC were going to stop allowing firearm and related purchases? Or was that just virtue signaling after a shooting occurred?

Pay-Pal is not your friend. put the word gun or any reference to guns in the description of purchase and it will be denied.
I prefer my Citi Master card and have had it hacked at gas stations making gas purchases. It also has safety settings, and they will hold payment for out of state purchases unless you pre contact them that you are traveling and when you check your purchases online if anything is abnormal and you call them, they will refuse payment and credit any lost funds back to your account.

I have my credit cards set to text me whenever they have a charge on them. They also text if there is a purchase they consider questionable.
It works well.

Back